- Swim with dolphins in their natural environment in the open seas of Mauritius
- Enjoy the view from the top of the dormant volcano of Trou aux Cerfs
- Visit the Hindu shrine of Grand Bassin, Black River Gorges National Park, Chamarel and Alexandra Falls waterfall
Spend a fabulous day in Mauritius looking for wild dolphins in the Indian Ocean. Swim with the playful creatures in their natural environment and learn about the different types you may encounter along the way. Your captain will tell you about the habits of the dolphins and give you guidelines how to act with them.
Your incredible dolphin encounter of about 2.5 hours will take place in Tamarin Bay. The skippers will accompany you in the water when it’s your turn to swim. Enjoy the stunning, open sea views before going to the popular dive and snorkel site of the "Aquarium" (time permitting). Here, you can marvel at the beautiful coral gardens and tropical fish.
Next stop is at the dormant volcano of Trou aux Cerfs. Enjoy 360-degree panoramic views from the top of the volcano, and take a stroll around the crater 600 meters above sea level, and get breathtaking views of the whole of Mauritius on clear days. After that, you will see the largest reservoir in Mauritius, located in Mare-aux-Vacoas, and also the crater lake of Grand Bassin (Ganga Talao) that is considered sacred to the Hindu culture.
Visit the 33-meter tall statue of Shiva (Mangal Mahadev) and the temples and shrines, where you can enjoy the peace and quiet. See some monkeys and other wildlife while you are there. This tour will also take you to the largest national park of Mauritius and to the Black River Gorges. The area is perfect for hiking and offers a wide variety of endemic flora and fauna. Continue through the park to Plaine des Champagnes, and see the beautiful Alexandra Falls on your way.
Finally, visit Chamarel to witness the geological miracle of the 7-coloured dunes. Get a view of Chamarel Falls to see the most famous waterfall on the island. Meet also the giant tortoises before leaving!
- 2.5-hour wild dolphins encounter in the open seas
- Snorkeling near a coral reef (snorkeling equipment provided)
- Services of a fully licensed driver
- Transportation by air-conditioned and insured taxi, minibus or coach
- Private transfers from and to your hotel
- Parking fees
- Waiting time
- Entrance fees to Chamarel (€5 per adult and €2.50 per child)
- Lunch or snacks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Price per person depends on the size of the group
You will be picked up from your hotel, please indicate your hotel details at the time of booking.
- Please note that the dolphin encounter section of this tour is not recommended for pregnant women
- All children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- You will see dolphins in almost all cases (more than a 90% chance). However, in the unlikely event you don't see any, you will be offered a second outing on the boat free of charge (transportation to and from your hotel are not included for the second outing). Please note that refunds are not provided once you have completed the activity
- This tour lasts up to 8 hours. You can choose how long you spend at each attraction (except for the dolphin encounter). Depending on your group’s speed, you may not have time to see all the listed attractions
- You will be able to stop for lunch, but the price of lunch is not included
- It may not be possible to stop at Grand Bassins in February or March as the area is a pilgrimage site during the festival of Mahashivaratree
- You can book this tour for private groups of 1-8 people
- Tour operates daily
- No excursions on 1 January
- Tour starting time is between 6.30am-7.30am. Please be ready for the hotel pick-up at that time
Spend a day in paradise, and go on this unique island hopping day trip on the South East/East Coast ...
Embark on a dream cruise aboard a catamaran and spend a memorable day sailing the South East coast o...
Get ready for the experience of a lifetime: swim with dolphins in their natural environment, snorkel...
Start your day with a complimentary breakfast, served at 7.00am. After that enjoy a 5.5 hour excursi...
SOLUNE, ce n’est pas seulement le soleil qui a rendez-vous avec la lune, c’est aussi la lumière en S...
Il était une fois Jean-Marie BIGARD Salut mes chéris ! Vous avez été 4 000 000 de copains à venir me...