Messina: 2.5-hour private guided tour
- Enjoy a full immersion guided tour of the ancient Messina, its main monuments and historical buildings
- Discover the Greek influences around the old town, once called Zancle - "scythe" - referring to the shape of its natural harbour
- Admire the Dome, the beautiful churches like Chiesa SS. Annunziata dei Catalani, the typical squares and historical monuments
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Messina. Just a few kilometres from the Italian mainland, Messina sits on a curved harbour at the northernmost point of Sicily's Ionian Coast.
Despite the dramatic distructions that Messina has seen in the past, like the the devastating earthquake in 1908 and the mass bombing in WWII, the city managed to save many monuments and museums that are well worth a visit.
During this 2.5-hour guided tour, you will have the chance to see the most important and beautiful spots in the city, such as:
Piazza Duomo - the heart of the city - with the majestic Duomo di Messina
The statue of Don Giovanni d'Austria
The Church of SS. Annunziata dei Catalani
The pictoresque Larga delle Due Fontane
The Tribunal and the University of Messina
The Church of San Camillo
The "Casa di Cristo Re"
The Sanctuary of Santa Maria di Montalto
Just one tip: don't forget to bring your camera along!
- private tour led by an expert guide
- food & drinks
- entrance fees to museums/attractions (in case you decide to visit any of them in particular)
Piazza Duomo, 29, 98122 Messina ME, Italy
Your guide will be waiting for you next to the Fountain of Orion.
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee
- The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- Every day at 10.00am, 11.00am, 2.00pm, 3.00pm, 4.00pm
The first step is the visit of Castelmola, a picturesque village just above Taormina. Here you can e...
Hop on one of the buses and discover the welcoming city of Messina, often called the "door of Sicily...
Discover the stunning town of Taormina, famous for its picturesque streets, breathtaking landscapes ...
Embark on a 2-hour walking tour and visit one of Sicily's most ancient cities. The tour will start a...
Argimusco – the "Sicilian Stonehenge" – is the perfect destination for lovers of nature and trekking...
The bright blue of the sky and the clearness of the seas mixed together with the scent of the citrus...