Private walking tour of Middelburg
- Explore Middelburg's most famous square and accompanying town hall
- Learn why the town hall is nicknamed "Crazy Beth"
- Take in many stunning monuments while discovering well-known sites like "Long John”
- See the city's small palace, Van de Perre Huis
Your morning or afternoon in Middelburg will start at your hotel, rivercruiseship or if you travel to Middelburg from elsewhere at the train station. Set off in a relaxing pace to make sure you really get to see, feel and learn all about this town.
Explore the very best of Middelburg on this walking tour. Begin from Middelburg's most important plaza, Market Square, and discover the town's gothic town hall. The town hall took almost 100 years to build and it is a fine example of gothic architecture. The building took several generations of an architectural family to complete and it was finally finished in 1520. Learn about the hall's belfry, nicknamed "Crazy Beth", as the time on the clock tends to run late compared to "Long John", the other clock tower in Middelburg.
Afterwards, head out on a walk through the historic streets of Middelburg, while taking in famous monuments such as the Sint Joris Militia building. Continue on towards the city's palace, the Van de Perre Huis, all while learning the history of the medieval city. Discover how Middelburg became the capital of Zeeland and take in a handful of its 1,100 stunning monuments.
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Kanaalweg 22, 4337 PA Middelburg, Netherlands
Meet your guide at the ticket desks at the train station of Middelburg
- The price depends on the number of people you book for: the larger the group is, the less you pay per person
- This tour involves approximately 5 kilometers (3 miles) of walking. We advise you to wear comfortable shoes and clothing and not to bring any heavy bags
This tour operates Mondays to Fridays at 10.00am and 2.00pm
This tour does not operate on:
- 1 January
- 25-26 December
Enjoy the fascinating private walking tour of the beautiful city of Amsterdam and discover its uniqu...
Your morning or afternoon in Delft will start at your hotel or if you travel to Delft from elsewhere...
Your morning or afternoon in Enkhuizen will start at your hotel, rivercruiseship or if you travel to...
Your morning or afternoon in Gouda will start at your hotel or if you travel to Gouda from elsewhere...
Your morning or afternoon in Leeuwarden will start at your hotel or if you travel to Leeuwarden from...
Your morning or afternoon in Nijmegen will start at your hotel or if you travel to Nijmegen from els...