- Full truffle experience, hunting in the woods with dogs and tasting of precious tuber
- Visit winery in Canelli, one of the “underground cathedrals” listed as Unesco Heritage site
- Lunch in Michelin starred restaurant with traditional local cuisine
Canelli is one of the hinterland towns of the Asti province, famous for the best-selling Italian sparkling wines. It has an extended architectonic fortune below the entire town for about 20 kilometers: breathtaking cellars carved into the tuff limestone hillside thus creating really suggestive scenarios. Excavated by hand beginning in the 16th century, all are filled to bursting with wine – thousands of barrels and millions of bottles, because of the perfect natural thermal insulation, able to maintain a constant temperature of 12-14 degrees C (54 -57 degrees F), ideal for aging great wines. The construction expanded in the 19th century when the high quality of Canelli wines was affirmed on a global scale after casks were shipped abroad throughout Europe and overseas.
9.00 am: Pick up in Milan and transfer to Piedmont countryside.
11.00 am: Arrive to truffle hunter house and meet Natale who will introduce you to the magic world of truffles: what they are, where they grow, which tools you need to find them. Next you will go on a truffle hunt yourself, helped by experienced dogs Diana and Birba.Once you are back to Natale's home, you will taste the precious tuber, paired with local wines. Before leaving, you will get a copy of Natale's book about truffle, with anedoctes, useful facts ad recipes. After this tasteful aperitif, transfer to Canelli ad 1:30 pm for lunch at Michelin starred San Marco restaurant. This restaurant has a homely atmosphere with its open fireplace, warm family welcome by chef Mariuccia and her husband Piercarlo. You will experience excellent Piedmontese cuisine, with tasting "menù della tradizione":
- Raw, finely chopped “Fassona breed” veal, Caesar’s Mushroom, Parmesan cheese
- Homemade egg pasta "tajarin", mountain butter flavoured with herbs
- Slow cooked Piedmontese breed veal cheek, polenta, caramelized red onion
- My Hazelnut: Granny’s bônet, hazelnut cake,hazelnut ice cream
- Small pastries with our typical soft nougat (the nougat itself -hand made by Mariuccia worth a visit!)
3.30 pm: Arrive to one of the so called “underground cathedreals”, like Coppo. You’ll enter via a pretty cobblestone courtyard and gorgeous Italian mansion house. It’s filled with documents and photographs recording the winemaker’s history, and you can also see the old production tools and rooms where Moscato grapes were left to dry. Then descend into the incredible 32m-deep cellars where for over 130 years bottles of wine from the vineyard’s Chardonnay and Pino Nero grapes have been stored. And all that’s left after that is to enjoy some tastings.
5.00 pm: Transfer back to Milano, where you will be by 7 /7,30 pm
- Guided tour of winery and cellar
- Guided wine tasting
- Truffle hunt and tasting
- Book gift (Italian or English) "Il mistero e il fascino del tartufo. Una storia d'amore"
- Private certified driver
- 5 courses lunch
- Local taxes
- Beverages during the lunch
Piazza Armando Diaz, Milan (close to Piazza del Duomo)
- The tour is not recommended for pregnant women and children
- The tour will not take place if it does not reach a minimum number of participants. If this happens you will be offered an alternate date for your booking or a complete refund
- This tour is also available as a private tour with your choice of date and wine cellars. Please contact us for further information about rates and availability
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes for the walk in the woods
- Bring a light jacket or sweater; the temperature in the cellar could be cool
- The truffles found remain the property of the truffle, if you want you could bought them
- No pets allowed
- Every day (except holidays) at 9:00 am
Leave the touristic, beaten track to explore the scenic wine region of Monferrato, in Piedmont.Meet ...
Go on a 3-hour Food Tour in Milan and experience the memorable tastes in the historical district of ...
Take a break from sightseeing and spend your time tasting excellent Italian food and wine specially ...
Al nono piano del The Brian&Barry Building, nel cuore di Milano, si affaccia il ristorante Asola, un...
This is a unique tour as it allows you to discover and savor the secrets of truffles while comfortab...
Food and wine shopping tour in Milan, is an exclusive shopping tour of 5 hours with chauffeur and pe...
PASSIONSWe greatly welcome those who are curious about local tales, myths, and history of a famous I...
Learn to cook like a Milanese in a typical home in Milan. Enter the home of your cook and teacher, G...
See Milan through the eyes of a local. Enjoy the beauty, the history and the culture of Milan with a...
Enjoy this amazing Jeep tour of Lake Como hillside!You'll meet your professional English-speaking dr...