Nizwa and Jebel Shams Grand Canyon tour
- Discover the oasis city of Nizwa, Oman's old Capital, with its 17th century fort and dive in Omani everyday life when visiting its lively souq
- Visit Wadi Ghul, Oman's Grand Canyon, Jebel Shams, the highest peak in the Sultanate and the tiny village of Khateem perched on the rocks
- Meet a traditional Omani family
You will drive straight to Nizwa where you will visit the Fort and the Souq. Once you have a taste of the old capital, you will head up to the traditional mountain village of Al Hamra. After a picnic or lunch at a local restaurant in the village, we head to Wadi Ghul, see the old abandoned village perched on the rocks. There we have the opportunity to meet a traditional Omani family and take a look at some of the local handicrafts there. Then, with Jebel Shams towering above you, plunge deeper into the Grand Canyon...
Oman’s Grand Canyon is situated amidst the rocky terrain of the Jabal Shams mountain which is over 3,000 meters high making it the highest mountain in Oman. The word Jabal Shams literally means “Sun-Mountain” in Arabic. The view from the top over the Grand Canyon is absolutely breath-taking. The trip will be with a 4WD. The Jabal Shams is the highest peak in the 700 km long Hajar mountain range. You might even be pleasantly surprised to see a few shepherds accompanying their grazing sheep! Experience an untamed and rugged countryside, a pristine world interrupted here and there by tiny settlements
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- English speaking guide with driver
- Children (2-12): reduced
- Infants (0-2): free
You will get picked up from your hotel, please provide hotel address information when you make the booking.
- Minimum two people per booking
- All visitors arriving to Oman are required to obtain an electronic visa prior to arrival as per the new immigration requirement
- Your reservation request will be confirmed within 48 hours
- Operates daily
- Hotel pick-up: 8.00am
- Drop-off: 4.00pm
- Times may vary depending on the location of your hotel
Leave the port of Mina Qaboos to visit the city of Muscat. Visit the largest mosque in Oman, a relig...
Running south from the Eastern Hajjar Mountains to Arabian Sea, the Wahiba Sands, described a Sand s...
Starting in the morning you will travel through the mountainous and desert landscape arriving at the...
See the 17th century round fort and the souq famous for silver jewelry, major attraction of Nizwa. B...
The coast of Oman is blessed with a variety of dolphins and whales, which consist of about 21 differ...
Wadi Bani Awf is known as one of the most fantastic tourist locations surrounding Muscat. Wadi Bani ...