The Utamaduni factory is located close to the Karen Blixen Museum, Giraffe Centre, Daphne Sheldrick Animal Orphanage, the Nairobi National Park, and Kazuri Beads. The factory's name represents a deep meaning for Kenyans, meaning culture, tradition, folklore, encompassing the best of African crafts and is dedicated to supporting craftsmen from all over Kenya. It supports various charities including the KSPCA and Street boys (who actually have their own shop in the center). There is also a small restaurant where one can stop for a quick bite. You will also get the chance to visit the busy Kazuri bead factory, a producer of top quality handmade and hand-painted ceramic jewelry and pottery. The workshop has been set up to empower women in need by employing them and teaching them a skill.
Nairobi shopping tour to Utamaduni craft centre and Kazuri bead factory
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: from 3 hours to 4 hours
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Visit Utamaduni craft center and Kazuri bead factory
- See local craftsmen at work
- Purchase handmade local products
What to expect
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (age 2-12)
Pick-up from your hotels in Nairobi. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- A minimum of 2 participants is required for this tour
- Please confirm your pickup time and location with the local operator at least 48 hours prior to the tour. You will find the contact details on the voucher after booking
- It is recommended to wear a sunhat, comfortable shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Pollmans Tours & Safaris Ltd
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.