Ancient heart of Naples evening stroll with local street food tasting
- Treat yourself to a totally unique 2-hour journey of the senses to the city's historic center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Follow your expert local guide on this carefully planned evening stroll to see some of the top sights
- Savor Neapolitan delights as your guide leads you on a delicious dining experience of its celebrated street food
- Taste different types of pizza, 'cuoppo', as well as mouth-watering sweets like 'sfogliatelle', 'Baba' and 'zeppole'
Discover the ancient heart of Naples on our incredible 2-hour walking and food tasting tour of this cultural and culinary capital. With its Baroque domes rising against the backdrop of Mt. Vesuvius, this southern Italian city is literally a treasure trove that will fill your senses.
Meet your local expert guide and intimate group of 10 people or fewer at a central location in Naples before embarking on this palate-opening experience. You’ll then be off to sample some of the most delectable flavors and sought after culinary delights that Italy has to offer at authentic, hand-picked food vendors that will allow you to mingle with the Neapolitans themselves.
All along your evening stroll, your guide will fill you with the urban legends and history that make Naples come to life, as you dine on delectable examples of the city’s famed street food. If you thought you knew pizza, think again. Naples is home to so many original varieties that you’ll have a hard time choosing. Then pass to the savory ‘pagnutiello’, a symphony of fried food known as a ‘cuoppo’, or ‘cup’, due to the paper cone it is served in, or the ‘cuppetiello’, another succulent version that will make your mouth water.
If you have a sweet tooth, then you’re definitely in the right place, too! Naples is home to some of the best and most famous pastries in the world with such delicious creations as scrumptious ‘sfogliatelle’, rich ‘Baba’ soaked in rum or the epicurean ‘zeppole’, filled with custard, jelly or cream. Your journey will take you through narrow, picturesque alleys as they open onto elegant piazzas.
Pass from Piazza del Gesù, with the splendid Spanish-style Baroque Church of Gesù Nuovo and incredibly sculpted monument dedicated to the Holy Virgin. Visit the ancient heart of the city along Spaccanapoli, one of its oldest streets, dividing it in half. See San Gregorio Armeno, famous for its Christmas market and where the most beautiful Nativity scene figures you have ever seen are sold year-round by sculptors that rival Michelangelo and Bernini.
You will also pass the Naples Cathedral, where every year on September 19th the blood of its patron saint, San Gennaro, miraculously reliquefies in a procession that animates the entire city. Then it’s on to other scenic streets, like Via dei Tribunali and finally into Piazza Dante, the city’s former market square, where your tour will end and it will be easy to catch a taxi or the metro back to your hotel.
No other tour offers such an authentic view of the real city of Naples, with its unique atmosphere, amazing architecture and intense flavors. Your perception of this exotic city will never be the same after you have cut through the myths and discovered why this city is so loved. This is truly Naples at its best!
- Tour as per description
- English-speaking local guide
- 8 street food tastings
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (4-14 years old): reduced
- Infants (0-3 years old): free
Piazza del Gesù Nuovo, 14-18, 80134 Napoli NA, Italy
Piazza del Gesù Nuovo, Napoli
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Unfortunately, due to the particular kind of local food, our suppliers cannot meet special dietary requirements of our clients, such as gluten-free, vegan, etc.
- This service ends at 8:30PM in Piazza Dante
Operating Days: Tuesday, Saturday
- Meeting Time: 06.15pm
- Departure Time: 06.30pm
Considerata una delle isole imperdibili del mondo e una destinazione popolare per i VIP sin dall'epo...
serie a: Napoli - Chievo Verona 25-11-2018 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery T...
serie a: Napoli - Torino 17-02-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Tickets ...
serie a: Napoli - Udinese 17-03-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Tickets...
serie a: Napoli - Genoa 07-04-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Tickets w...
serie a: Napoli - Atalanta 20-04-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Ticket...