Best of Amalfi Coast from Naples with local cheese tasting
- Expertly crafted tour of the UNESCO acclaimed Amalfi Coast, one of the world's most stunning regions all in a perfectly planned day trip from Naples
- Visit the world-famous town of Positano, with its colorful houses, tiny alleyways and secluded bay
- See the amazing town of Amalfi, the former capital of a vast maritime republic
- Visit a local family-run cheesemaker's shop for a delectable look into the region's most cherished gastronomic specialties, Buffalo Mozzarella and "caciocavallo" cheese
- Enjoy first hand demonstrations on how they are made, as well as tasting them for yourself
- Enjoy comfortable round-trip transportation from Naples by private coach
Discover the wonders of the Amalfi Coast on this amazing guided day tour departing from Naples. This is your chance to experience this UNESCO recognized landscape, as well as see its top two ‘jewels’, the towns of Amalfi and Positano, all with captivating and entertaining insight from a local expert guide throughout the day. In addition to its stunning panoramas and towns, you’ll also get off the beaten path for a taste of the region’s most famous specialty, Buffalo Mozzarella, from a working cheesemaker that produces this delicacy fresh every day!
The Amalfi Coast is home to some of the most beautiful scenery that the world has to offer. Its lush peaks reaching heights of over 4,000 feet seem to dive into emerald waters, secluded bays and cozy beaches, with tiny pastel villages springing up here and there all the way down. Its beauty and harmony will mesmerize you.
On this day trip you’ll enjoy comfortable transportation by private coach as well as free time to explore tiny picturesque streets, all with a passionate guide to bring your experiences to life. After meeting in central Naples, you will drive out of the city, past Mt. Vesuvius and slowly enter the winding roads and lemon orchards that characterize this part of the Campania region. Listen to the local history and take note of insider recommendations from your guide so you will know where to go for the best food and avoid the tourist traps. Along the way you will also have the chance to stop for amazing photo-ops at the most evocative vista points.
The first stop is the most picturesque town on the entire coast, Positano, where pristine houses seem to tumble down into the sea amid narrow alleyways, chic boutiques, typical restaurants, and ‘Dolce vita’ cafés. Despite its present glamor, Positano was once a poor fishing village that was nearly abandoned until it was ‘rediscovered’ by international jet-setters, filmmakers and writers, making it a haven for the cultural elite. Come here, and it’s easy to see why. Its charm will seep into your pores as you shop for local ‘limoncello’, visit the church of Santa Maria Assunta or people watch from a restaurant terrace.
Your next stop will be the former capital of the maritime republic that gave the whole area its name, the town of Amalfi. Once one of the most important trading powers in the Mediterranean, this port city in miniature is home to a dazzling piazza, pristine medieval cathedral and streets that will captivate you with their fairytale-like flavor. Here you will also have free time for lunch, climb the immense staircase to the Cathedral (‘Duomo’) to visit its arabesque cloister, as well as shop for Amalfi’s famous handmade ‘bambagina’ paper. If you prefer to relax on the beach, the tiny bay is an inviting place for a dip!
After taking in the crown jewels of the Amalfi coast, you will travel up the tall verdant mountains that cradle it to take in more incredible views of the sky and sea below. Here you will have the rare privilege to meet a local family-run cheesemaker to see how one of Italy’s most famous foods is made, as well as try it for yourself. We are of course speaking of real Mozzarella di Bufala cheese! Also known as ‘the queen of Mediterranean cuisine’, this delicacy is made with pure buffalo’s milk, and it will be hard to go back to the stuff you get back home once you’ve tried it. You will also be able to try other locally produced cheeses like ‘caciocavallo’. Buy some cheese if you wish, then hop back on your private coach with your guide and enjoy the ride back to Naples.
See the Amalfi Coast as never before and let your senses by captivated by the sights, sounds and flavors that have made it so cherished on this comprehensive guided day tour from Naples that is sure to be the highlight of your trip to Italy!
- Tour as per description
- Mozzarella cheese tasting at a local producer
- Local expert English-speaking guide
- Small groups of 18 people or less
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food/beverage (not mentioned in the inclusions)
- Children (ages 2-14): reduced
- Infants (0-1 years old): free
Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 3, 80142 Napoli NA, Italy
Naples train station, outside the Starhotel Terminus main entrance, at the corner of Piazza Garibaldi and Corso Arnaldo Lucci
- This tour ends around 7:00pm at Naples Train Station.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Operating Days: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Meeting time: 08.45am
- Departure time: 09.00am
Housed in a 16th century palace originally built as residence for a cavalry barracks and inaugurated...
The National Museum of Duca di Martina contains one of the most prestigious collections of European ...
Discover the pearls of this breathtaking coast. Enjoy your time as you see the historic center, the ...
On your tour you will be offered a genuine experience of the Naples lifestyle, culture and the preci...
Naples' archaeological treasures are amongst the world's most impressive, and its swag of vainglorio...
Take the chance to visit in just one day the ruins of the Roman city of Pompeii, the most famous and...