- Discover the dazzling city Naples: walk past the medieval castles and monumental squares
- Admire the Art Deco Umberto I Gallery and learn about the San Carlo Theater
- Take a break in a historic cafe to enjoy the famous sfogliatella with coffee
No visit to Italy is complete without discovering the magic and history that is hidden around every corner in Naples.
You’ll start your tour at the monumental Neptune’s Fountain, you'll then walk to Castel Nuovo or the ‘Maschio Angioino’, one of the most important symbols of Naples, dominating the Municipio Square, and immediately setting the tone for the tour by displaying Naples’ royal character. The city was indeed one of Europe’s most influential capitals from the Middle Ages until the unification of Italy in 1860.
Your walk continues by the San Carlo Theatre, the oldest continuously used opera house in Europe, and the iconic Umberto I shopping-gallery, an Art Deco masterpiece of iron and glass, which displays unparalleled creativity and elegance.
You'll then take a look at the monumental Piazza del Plebiscito, with its fascinatingly domed church, before having a break to enjoy the best sfogliatella, a local pastry with delicious orange flavored ricotta cream. The perfect pairing involves a cup of local coffee, and Naples is renowned for the best coffee in Italy, so you are in safe hands here!
Coffee culture is almost a religion in this part of the world and your guide will entertain you explaining all the rituals that the locals love to practice, before savoring their favorite drink. You'll continue your walk through the little backroads around Via Chiaia, getting a feel for the modern way of life in the city, while you mix with the locals.
Finally, catching your first glimpse of the sea, you’ll walk along the pleasant lungomare promenade to reach the final highlight of the tour, Castel Dell’ Ovo. This medieval castle provides us with amazing views over the bay of Naples, Mt. Vesuvius and the famous islands of Capri and Ischia.
You'll end the tour on its panoramic terrace, where you have time to take in the essence of the city from above - the perfect photo opportunity to capture the beauty of Naples!
- Expert, English-speaking guide
- Espresso coffee or Cappuccino with typical Neapolitan Sfogliatella
- Pick up service
- Child (4-14 years old): reduced
- Infant (0-3 years old): free
Piazza Municipio, 80133, Napoli, NA
In Piazza del Municipio, in front of the fountain of Neptune
- This service ends at Castel dell'Ovo around 12.00am
- Gratuities to guides providing excellent service are appreciated
- Your City Wonders guides will have a City Wonders sign with the name of the tour at the meeting point for easy recognition
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff
Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
- Meeting Time: 09.45am
- Departure Time: 10:00am
Less busy and smaller than Pompeii, Herculaneum is considered by many to be a better preserved examp...
The Museum Pignatelli Cortes is an example of “house-museum”: the objects you see inside are still i...
The National Museum of Capodimonte is housed in the sumptuous palace of the same name that once serv...
Join this panoramic visit of Naples (without guide): drive along the seafront of the Gulf and enjoy ...
Make an authentic neapolitan pizza during this 1.5 hour cooking class!Under the watchful eye of a pr...
Learn the art of making real Italian pizza and become a pizzaiolo (pizza-maker) for the day. Enter t...