Herculaneum private walking tour with an archeologist-guide
- Discover the highlights of the ruins of Herculaneum
- Enjoy a walk through the ancient site
- Learn the history of the site from your archeologist-guide
The city, also called 'the sister of Pompeii' was buried by a Vesuvius eruption in 79 AD. This private walking tour provides a glimpse into the private lives of Romans. See second story houses, carbonized wooden objects, intact paintings and mosaics that are still preserved today.
Your 2-hour tour starts from the ticket office of Herculaneum where you will be met by your guide. Discover the small town of Herculaneum, located at the foot of Mt Vesuvius, on your walking tour. Learn how why Herculaneum is considered to be the better preserved city, compared to Pompeil and how the population of just 3000 inhabitants were frozen in time by an avalanche of 20 meters of earth.
With you guide you will visit the amazing sites of the Temple of the Augustale, the beach where more then 300 skeletons were found, the Thermal baths, the Forum, the House of Neptune and Amphitheater, the Samnite house, the Gymnasium, the House of the Dears and much more.
- Private guidance and assistance for the entire duration of the tour
- Admission fees (Herculaneum ticket 11 €)
Corso Resina, 80056 Ercolano NA
Meet your guide at the Herculaneum archaeological site ticket office.
- Maximum group size of 20 people
- Sunscreen and a hat it is recommended
- Bring plenty of water
- Wear closed-toe shoes to walk through the ruins of Herculaneum
- Skip-the-line: the guide will buy the tickets immediately at a preferential check-out
- You can not bring handbags, backpacks, luggage or cases larger than 30x30x15 cm inside of Herculaneum
- Daily, every hour from 9.00am to 3.00pm
On your tour you will be offered a genuine experience of the Naples lifestyle, culture and the preci...
Explore the Amalfi Coast with a knowledgeable driver aboard a comfortable Mercedes. You’ll depart fr...
Naples' archaeological treasures are amongst the world's most impressive, and its swag of vainglorio...
Book this 3-hour private tour to discover the fascinating archaeological site of Herculaneum with a ...
The Fontanelle cemetery (in Neapolitan 'O campusanto d' 'and Funtanelle) is an ancient cemetery in t...
Take the chance to visit in just one day the ruins of the Roman city of Pompeii, the most famous and...