Pompeii and Vesuvius tour with entrance tickets, lunch and wine tasting
- Explore the archaeological wonders of Pompeii and the imposing splendor of Mt. Vesuvius
- Benefit from pre-booked Skip the Line entry to the ruins of Pompeii with an official guide
- Visit the most famous wine producer on Mt. Vesuvius, with a tasting of 6 local wines and a 3-course lunch
- Hike to the top of Mt. Vesuvius and take a look inside the crater, which remains active today
Uncover the marvellously preserved ruins of the ancient city of Pompeii. This is the only tour that combines an in-depth guided visit to this renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site, a trip up Mt. Vesuvius, and a delicious lunch of the region’s most cherished recipes paired with 6 superb local wines. Your imagination and palate will delight on this thrilling day spent in the shadow of the volcano with expert local guides, great food and wine, as well as an ideal tour itinerary.
First, you’ll meet up with your expert local guide in the center of Naples and hop aboard a comfortable private coach to the archaeological site of Pompeii. Your guide will prepare you for everything that’s in store for you, sharing the captivating stories and history behind the fateful day in 79 AD when Mt. Vesuvius exploded. As one of the most catastrophic eruptions ever, covering the area in a thick layer of ash and rubble.
Once we get to Pompeii you’ll benefit from instant Skip the Line entry and the expertise of an official local guide, as you walk this former port resort’s main streets just as the ancient Romans did. The stones are still worn with tracks from the chariots that tread them nearly 2,000 years ago! You’ll see the forum, the center of Pompeii’s political and social life, and the startling plaster death casts of the victims of the violent eruption that destroyed the city. You’ll also take a look inside well-preserved buildings complete with their porticoes, mosaics and frescoes. The city’s baths and gymnasiums will also impress as you look gaze upon a moment frozen in time forever.
After Pompeii, we’ll take you up the lush slopes of Mt. Vesuvius itself to meet its most famous wine producer for a tasting of 6 fantastic native varieties, produced from the volcanic soil right beneath your feet! Enjoy an inviting 3-course lunch of some of the region’s most delectable culinary delights, including cheeses, cured meats, pasta with local ‘piennolo’ heirloom tomatoes, and a mouth-watering ‘pastiera napoletana’ pastry dessert with ricotta cheese and fruit. Admire sweeping views from the terrace over the surrounding countryside and visit the vineyards and cellar along with a detailed explanation of the grape varietals and each step in the winemaking process from the family that owns them.
From here, we’ll finish our ascent to the edge of Mt. Vesuvius’s crater. Take the chance to look an active volcano following the 20-minute hike, where you’ll get to look inside the caldera and take in the most breath-taking panoramic views. You’ll see Naples, the bay and the island of Capri from a height of over 4,200 feet, as well as the pristine nature that surrounds you.
Finally, enjoy the drive back to Naples on the comfortable coach as your guide winds down the day with a closing commentary to answer your questions. This is Pompeii and Vesuvius as it is rarely experienced!
- Entrance ticket and reservation fees for Pompeii excavation site
- Entrance ticket and reservation fees for Vesuvius Volcano
- Guided tour of Pompeii in groups no larger than 25 pax
- Tour as per description
- Round-trip transport from Naples in an air-conditioned bus
- Audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Wine Tasting with Lunch (includes 6 wines and 3-course lunch)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 2-14): reduced price
- Infants (ages 0-1): free
Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 3, 80142 Napoli NA, Italy
With your back to the main entrance of Naples Central Train Station, cross the street to Piazza Garibaldi and you'll see the Starhotels Terminus on the far left. Your City Wonders representative will wait for you outside the entrance of this hotel.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments on our tours. We regret that we are unable to accommodate pushchairs or strollers on our tours.
- The hike up to the crater of Vesuvius is optional and requires a good level of general fitness to complete. The hike is uphill at a 14-degree angle and 20 minutes long (about 1 mile). The hike is prevalently on soft ground; adequate footwear is recommended. Those who choose may remain at the parking area and enjoy the views.
- This service ends at around 5:30PM at Naples Train Station.
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff.
Operating days: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
- Meeting time: 08.30am
- Departure time: 08.45am
Visit the historical site of Pompeii, exploring the shops, temples, theatres and luxurious villas th...
This tour is the reason why many tourists come to Italy: Capri is at the same time a wonderful natur...
The Catacombs of San Gennaro are located on two non-overlapping levels, both characterized by extrem...
Originally intended as the residence for the Spanish King Philip III of Spain while on a visit, the ...
Visit some of the most beautiful parts of the Sorrento Peninsula on this day trip from Naples.You’ll...
Depart comfortably from Naples and discover Herculaneum, the first archeological site discovered in ...
The Amalfi Coast Tour has to be one of the best experiences you can have in Italy. It gives you the ...
This tour will allow you to visit in one single day Sorrento, Positano, and Amalfi. And, as a bonus,...
One of the symbols of the city of Naples, the Certosa was founded in 1325 by Charles, Duke of Calabr...
La famiglia Apicella da generazioni coltiva la terra e fino ai primi anni ’70 produceva dell’ottimo ...