Tickets for the Royal Palace of Naples
- Discover the well-preserved Royal Apartments decor
- Skip the line! Enjoy more time to visit the Palace
- Admire the breathtaking views over the Gulf of Naples and Vesuvius
Originally intended as the residence for the Spanish King Philip III of Spain while on a visit, the Palace was built in 1600 and housed the Viceroy Fernando Ruiz de Castro, earl of Lemos and his wife instead. The modern building was begun by one of the most prominent architects of the day, Domenico Fontana, and is located in the southern part of the ancient city, fronting on the beautiful Piazza del Plebiscito. The palace was damaged by a fire in 1837 and then restored under the direction of Gaetano Genovese, author of the double staircase and other additions of a Party Wing and a Belvedere. One of the most distinguishing characteristics of the palace is the façade with its eight kings.
The Throne Room, Court Theatre, Royal Apartments, and Oratory (the queen’s personal chapel) are all highlights of the palace. Visit the Royal Palace and admire its grand halls, massive tapestries, beautiful works of art, and fine, perfectly preserved furnishings.
- Admission to the Royal Palace of Naples
- Audio guide
- Children under 18 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers of Italian nationality with a fixed-term contract (please bring valid proof of employment)
- Students in undergrad, masters, post grad or research degree in the following areas of study: architecture, cultural arts conservation, education or literature, and philosophy with a focus on archeology or art history
- Citizens of the EU from 18 through 24 years of age with valid identity
Piazza del Plebiscito, 1, 80132 Napoli NA, Italia
Royal Palace of Naples
- Audio guides are available in English, Italian and French
- Free admission the first Sunday of each month
- In case of purchase of a reduced/free fare, it will be necessary to present a valid document at the ticket office, certifying the right to purchase a reduced/free fare. In case of lack of certification, visitors will not be admitted to the site
- How to get there:
- Bus: ANM R1 - stop in Via San Carlo
- Bus: ANM R3 - stop in Via San Carlo
- Bus: ANM C4 - stop in Piazza Trieste e Trento
- Monday-Sunday 9am-8pm (last admission at 7pm)
- Closed on Wednesday
Enjoy one of the best views of Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples from the Castel Sant'Elmo on Vomero hi...
Join us on this 3-hour guided tour to visit one of the most beautiful royal palaces in Italy and in ...
On this private 3-hour guided tour you will discover one of the most beautiful royal palaces in Ital...
Meet your guide in the beautiful Piazza Duomo in Amalfi and, walking through the main street of the ...
Il frantoio Gargiulo produce olio extravergine di oliva da anni conservando le tradizioni di frantoi...
Join this guided tour of the vineyards on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius, a stroll through the scents ...
Just 30 minutes driving far from Amalfi and 1 hour from Positano you can join the peace of Tramonti,...
The Food and Wine Bike Tour departing from Massa Lubrense will lead us to Sant’Agata sui due Golfi w...
Meet your guide by the old Porta Marina Superiore for a tour of the western part of Pompeii, site of...
On the day of your tour you can choose to be picked up from your hotel in Naples or meet at the tran...