VIP Pompeii and Sorrento tour from Naples with Limoncello tasting
- Journey into Italy's fascinating past at the ruins of Pompeii
- 2-hour fully-guided tour of the ruins of Pompeii, with skip the line access
- Enjoy lunch on a restaurant terrace with the most breath-taking view in Sorrento
- Time to explore the colorful narrow alleyways of Sorrento
The tour will begin at the Naples train station where you will be welcomed by a City Wonders representative who will accompany you on a coach to the Pompeii site. From there, you’ll be enchanted on a 2-hour guided tour of this ancient city. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Pompeii is considered one of the most fascinating archaeological sites in the world, one where time has been captured for eternity. Through an interactive, entertaining and educational commentary, your official expert guide will help you to understand life in Pompeii before the eruption, while exploring the well-preserved ruins that have been encased in layers of volcanic ash for centuries.
Thanks to our exclusive Pompeii partnership, you will have the unique opportunity of exploring the buildings, still decorated with frescoes of animals, powerful gods and lush landscapes. After a short coffee break or some local souvenir shopping, you will then travel to Sorrento on a private, air-conditioned coach. On the way, your guide will entertain you with stories about the area, and its significance during the Roman Empire as the preferred location for Emperors’ holidays. You will enjoy breath-taking views of the famous Sorrento coastal road with a handful of stops in preselected prime locations, so you can take the best photos for lasting memories of your unbelievable experience.
Once in Sorrento, your local expert guide will provide tips and suggestions to help you get the most out of your free time there. Experience the local cuisine by having lunch on the terrace of the town’s most scenic restaurant, do some shopping in the city’s beautiful ancient alleys, or take time to relax among the picturesque panoramic gardens. Then rejoin the group as your guide escorts you to one of Sorrento’s oldest shops for a delectable taste of Southern Italy’s most renowned ‘Limoncello’. While there, you will learn about how this famed liqueur is produced, as well as the local ingredients that make it so unique. You will also be able to buy bottles of this zingy delight to take home!
Wrapping up the day in Pompeii and Sorrento, we will head back to Naples in the afternoon, with enough golden hours remaining to enjoy an evening in the bustling city of Naples.
- Entrance ticket and reservation fees for Pompeii excavation site
- Guided tour of Pompeii in groups no larger than 15 pax
- English speaking local guide
- Limoncello tasting in Sorrento
- Audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food/beverage (not mentioned in the inclusions)
- Children (ages 2-14): reduced
- Infants (ages 0-1): free
Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi, 1115, 80142 Napoli NA, Italy
Naples train station, outside the Starhotel Terminus main entrance, at the corner of Piazza Garibaldi and Corso Arnaldo Lucci. With your back to the main entrance of Naples Central Train Station, cross the street to Piazza Garibaldi and you'll see the Starhotels Terminus on the far left. Your City Wonders representative will wait for you outside the entrance of this hotel.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- This tour ends around 5:30pm at Naples Train Station
- We recommend brining a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff
Operating Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Meeting time: 08.45am
- Departure time: 09.00am
On your tour you will be offered a genuine experience of the Naples lifestyle, culture and the preci...
Naples' archaeological treasures are amongst the world's most impressive, and its swag of vainglorio...
Book this 3-hour private tour to discover the fascinating archaeological site of Herculaneum with a ...
Visit Procida by yourself, with a full day to relax and enjoy free time to explore the island and ta...
Considered to be one of the must-see islands in the world and a popular destination for VIPs since t...
Take the chance to visit in just one day the ruins of the Roman city of Pompeii, the most famous and...