Join this full-day tour starting with a pick-up from your hotel in Colombo to go to Galle. Once you reach the city, you will start your tour at a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Galle Fort. It's a walled fortress ruin where you can learn about the history of Galle while enjoying the fresh air. You will also visit the colonial period churches, the lighthouse, and the museum. Then, you will continue your tour with lunch before traveling to Ahangama, a city that is famous for stilt fishing. Though it's an old style of fishing, in the present day, it's a fun tourist experience that is not to be missed. After trying out this fishing style for an hour, you will end the tour and go back to Colombo.
Galle with stilt fishing tour from Negombo
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 10 hours
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- See the Galle Fort and learn about the history of the city
- Visit Ahanagama, a city famous for stilt fishing
- Try out stilt fishing for yourself
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Highway tolls
- Entrance fees to sites
- Guided tour
- Children (age 3-11)
- Infants (age 0-2): free admission (no ticket required)
You will be picked up from your hotel in Negombo. Please indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time directly with the local operator.
What to remember
- You will need to contact the local provider at least 48 hours before the tour to schedule your pickup time and location. You will find the contact details on the voucher after booking
- The duration of this tour can vary depending on traffic conditions
- Breakfast is not included on this trip. It is advised that you eat breakfast before you are picked up or pack food to eat en-route
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Aitken Spence Travels
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.