Louisiana plantation tour: Whitney and Laura
- Get the perspective of people who inhabited these properties
- A captivating look at life on a historic southern plantation
- See 2 famous plantations that sit along the Mississippi River
- Lean more about slavery through exhibits, museums and restored buildings
Take an eye-opening look into American history and visit 2 out of 3 prominent plantation homes along the Mississippi riverfront. Take a drive along the Great River Road, which winds along the Mississippi River, where you will visit the Laura, and Whitney plantations.
At Laura Plantation, enter the fascinating world of Creoles who lived at this sugar plantation, apart from the American mainstream, for over 200 years. The tour is designed based on information taken from 4 generations of family documents that reveal the real-life accounts of the slaves, owners, women, and children who lived there.
Opened to the public for the first time in 262 years, the Whitney plantation is the only plantation museum in Louisiana with a focus on slavery. Through museum exhibits, memorial artwork, restored buildings and hundreds of first-person slave narratives, Whitney serves as a site of memory and consciousness that pays homage to all slaves who lived and died here, as well as those who lived elsewhere in the United States.
- Guided tour of Laura and Whitney with narrated coach transportation
- Roundtrip transportation to and from central New Orleans
- Live tour commentary provided in English
- Food and beverages
- Gratuity (optional)
- Pick-up and drop-off from/to hotel
- Children (0-5): free
- Children (6-12): reduced
723 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Departure point: Gray Line Light House on the Steamboat NATCHEZ dock (Toulouse Street at the Mississippi River)
- Children 5 and under are complimentary
- Pick-up from your hotel is not included
- This bus tour has a good amount of walking during at the Plantation houses and you must be able to climb and descend stairs
- At least 10 people are required for this activity to take place
- Snacks are available at the plantations and guests are welcome to bring light food/snacks for the trip
- Only dry snacks/foods and beverages with tops are allowed on the vehicles. Coolers or meals are not allowed
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
This tour is available on Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday at 9:00am
- All tours and cruises depart from the Lighthouse Ticket Office at Toulouse St. and the Mississippi River.
- You will find the Gray Line offices directly behind the JAX Brewery, which is located at 600 Decatur St. The ticket office is directly in front of the Steamboat Natchez
Dê uma olhada na história americana e visite 2 de 3 casas de plantação proeminentes ao longo do rio ...
Experimente a beleza intemporal do sul da Louisiana em um barco artesanal personalizado. Os guias na...
Aproveite um passeio de 5 horas combinando uma visita a uma plantação de River Road e um cruzeiro at...
Nos terrenos do Oak Alley, desfrute de um suntuoso Brunch de Plantation Country com lagostins Etouff...
Embarque no "Ônibus do Papai Noel" para uma excursão narrada ao Parque da Cidade de Nova Orleans, um...
A cidade de New Orleans Riverboat vai levá-lo em grande estilo pelo Mississippi após o local da Bata...