New York City Slavery and Underground Railroad Tour
- Learn about the Underground Railroad
- See real homes and churches used to hide escaping slaves
Explore the Freedom Trail in New York City on this two-hour walking tour. You’ll learn about how brave people created the networks and contacts in Brooklyn and Manhattan which formed the Underground Railroad. Your guide will take you to an archeological site and memorial built in memory of colonial America’s enslaved Africans. You’ll get to see some of the former stations on the Railroad, including people’s homes and churches that were used to hide escaping slaves. The tour will also describe the riots, revolts, and dramatic escapes that occurred and you’ll hear exciting tales of the courage and triumph of real New Yorkers who risked their lives and property to help people escape from the chains of slavery.
- Two-hour tour
- Children (under 4 years old): free
- Children (ages 5-11), students, seniors (ages 65+): reduced
1 Bowling Green NY, NY 10004
Meet your guide in front of the American Indian Museum. The tour ends at the African Burial Ground - Ted Weiss Federal Building, 290 Broadway, New York, NY 10007.
- Tour itinerary may be modified or cancelled due to special events (parades, marathon, traffic conditions)
- April-October, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 1.00pm
- November-March, Saturday 1.00pm
- Schedule subject to change. Please see calendar for up-to-date details
- Please try to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure time
See the best parts of Manhattan on this 6-hour tour on a Double-decker bus. You’ll be taken all over...
An experience unlike any other in NYC, your 5 hour Classic Bike Tour is the most comprehensive and c...
Starting with a ferry boat cruise from Williamsburg to Wall street, you'll ride through the neighbor...
On this fun and informative two-hour tour, you will meet the women who shattered the glass ceilings ...
As the clock chimes midnight, a brave young girl turns the tide in a battle between toy soldiers and...
See The Prom, the next hit from Broadway’s Musical Comedy Dream Team – the geniuses behind The Book ...