New York in a day with Statue of Liberty, Midtown Tour and Empire State Building
- Beat the crowds by taking the first ferry of the day to Liberty Island for a full Statue of Liberty tour
- Learn the story of American immigration as you explore Ellis Island
- See Times Square with an Expert local guide
- Stroll down 5th Avenue, popping into local landmarks like St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Grand Central Station
- Use pre-reserved tickets to the Empire State Building to skip entrance lines and go to the 86th floor
Your tour starts early, in Battery Park, where you’ll catch the first ferry of the day to Liberty Island to beat the crowds that show up later in the day. Here your guide will tell you the epic story of the construction of the Statue of Liberty as they take you around various points on the Island and into the fascinating museum. Here you’ll see artifacts from the Statue’s early days and learn why this now-iconic monument was initially such a tough sell to the citizens of New York.
Then it’s up to the Statue’s Pedestal, where you’ll enjoy jaw-dropping views of the Harbor (and a take picture or two) before hopping back onto a Ferry to Ellis Island. As the first port of call for over 12 million immigrants to the US, this small spit of land is overflowing with history from the early and mid 20th century. As you explore the cavernous halls of the Immigration Museum, you’ll learn about European immigration to America along with plenty of stories and anecdotes, both tragic and uplifting.
After touring the island you’ll return to Manhattan where you’ll break for lunch. It’s not included, but your guide will recommend their favorite lunch spots in the area which will suit any taste or price point.
In the afternoon, you’ll reconvene in Times Square for an in-depth tour of the world’s most recognizable crossroads. From its beginnings as a theater district to its subsequent deterioration and regeneration, you’ll cover 100 years of history as you explore iconic spots like the Toshiba Billboard and Rockefeller Center.
A short stroll from America’s mecca of consumerism is New York’s most hallowed church; St. Patrick’s Cathedral. You’ll step inside to learn about the city’s important Irish Catholic community and how they have shaped NYC culture for more than 150 years.
From there, you’ll take a walk down Fifth Avenue to see the world-famous window displays in fashionable boutiques, passing even more famous sights like the New York Public Library and stopping at Grand Central Terminal. Today, this enormous train station is one of the most visited attractions in the world, so it’s easy to forget that the city nearly demolished it. Learn why it fell into disrepair and how it was saved in the nick of time as your guide shows you around some of its hidden corners.
Your last stop is the highlight of the day. Using pre-reserved tickets, you’ll skip any entrance lines at the Empire State Building and zip straight up to the 86th floor. From there you can see all the attractions you have visited over the last 13 hours and soak up views over the entire city. It’s the perfect end to an epic day of sightseeing in America’s most iconic city.
- Expert, local tour guide
- Fully guided Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island museum tour
- Pedestal Tickets for Statue of Liberty
- All ferry tickets between Battery Park, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Entrance Tickets to Empire State Building (non-guided)
- Small Groups of 20 people
- Statue of Liberty crown
- Transportation in between morning tour part and afternoon tour part
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants up to 3 years are free of charge
22 Battery Pl, New York, NY 10004, USA
Morning departure: Front entrance of Pier A Harbor House in Battery Park, to the right of Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton
Afternoon departure: George M. Cohan statue at West 46th Street between Broadway and 7th Avenue towards the end of the block, (NOT the statue in front of the red stairs). Meeting Time is strictly at 4.15pm for a prompt departure at 4.30pm
- The tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure
- This tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty
- You must be able to climb and descend 215 stairs from the Statue lobby to the top of the pedestal
- You will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items: http://www.nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/yoursafety.htm
- Be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bags you are required to put your bag/s into a locker which costs $2.00 in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers
- The ferry does not operate during heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions; when this occurs, an alternative option is provided
- We advise you that St. Patrick’s Cathedral is subject to closure during special celebrations/festivities. If this occurs during your visit, there will be an alternative itinerary that includes and explanation of the Cathedral from the outside. We are unable to provide refunds or discounts
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate strollers on this tour
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- 01 March 2018 - 31 May 2018: 9.00am
- 01 June 2018 - 30 September 2018: 8.30am
- 01 October 2018 - 31October 2018: 9.00am
Standard Ticket - allows you to skip only the ticket purchasing line. Depending on how busy it is, y...
Choose between two ticket types:Standard Ticket - with this option you can skip the hassle of the bo...
Meet NYC’s most famous lady up close and in person on our Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour.We’ll ...
Leaving early in the morning, you'll enjoy watching movies and Wi-Fi onboard while admiring the land...
Join the all-access tour, which will begin with a 90-minute walking tour that covers St. Paul’s Chap...
Join the tour of the former World Trade Center in New York City as you commemorate the tragic events...
Take to the streets of New York with a local expert guide to explore neighborhoods once home to noto...
Come along on your guided tour through one of New York City’s oldest neighborhoods and let your guid...
Take a look at TV & movie locations above Times Square on this tour where you will: - See Monk's, th...
Featuring 40 locations, on this tour you can discover where your favorite superheroes from The Aveng...