- Visit New York from a historical perspective with a retired NYPD officer or detective
- Learn the turbulent histories of gangs in NYC, including notorious Irish, Italian & Chinese gangs
- See Wall Street, Lower East Side, the old Five Points neighborhood, Chinatown and Little Italy
- Small groups of max 15 people to allow you to easily interact with your tour leader
Visit New York for 2.5 hours with a retired NYPD officer or detective, exploring neighborhoods once home to notorious criminals, learning how the city was ruled in waves by various immigrant crime rings, and finding out what modern crime looks like in the city.
Irish gangs weren’t the only group to terrorise the Lower East Side. Throughout the 1900s the Italian mafia kept Little Italy in a choke hold, while the 1970s and 1980s were dominated by Chinese turf wars extremely bloody.
- see tenement buildings where Irish immigrants lived in subhuman conditions as in Gangs of New York
- visit Wall Street, Lower East Side, the old Five Points neighborhood, Chinatown and Little Italy
- learn about the ‘Five Points’ - a junction so infamous for its gang crime that Charles Dickens came to check it out himself on a trip to NYC
- visit lower Manhattan, in particular Wall Street and the Financial District to learn about modern, white collar crime
- learn about the city’s most notorious criminals, from Captain Kidd and Boss Tweed, to John Gotti and Leona Helmsley
- hear stories from your retired NYPD police officers and detectives who spent a lifetime chasing criminals in the streets of NYC
- ... and much more!
- Guided tour of the Lower East Side & Wall Street
- Tour is led by a retired NYPD officer or detective
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
54 Pearl St, New York, NY 10004, USA
Until the 28th of February 2018: You will meet at the sidewalk in front of Fraunces Tavern, 54 Pearl St (at Broad St.).From the 1st of March 2018: In front of Stock Exchange on Broad Street between Wall Street and Exchange Place. The exact address is 11 Wall St, New York, NY 10005, USA.
- This tour may not be suitable for young children, as subject matter may be graphic and disturbing.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The tour is offered in English only.
- Meeting Time: 10:15 AM
- Departure Time: 10:30 AM
Discover familiar sights on this TV & Movie Locations Tour with Official NBC Studios. Be amazed how ...
Standard Ticket - allows you to skip the ticket purchasing line. Depending on how busy it is, you mi...
It is time for you to embark on a journey through present-day Harlem to see the people and places of...
For Broadway lovers and Disney fans, there’s no better experience than this new, exclusive access to...
Lower Manhattan’s greatest attractions are gathered together in this comprehensive one-day tour with...
Join an all-inclusive visit to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, both New York City landmarks ...
Join the all-access tour, which will begin with a 90-minute walking tour that covers St. Paul’s Chap...
If you want to see the Statue of Liberty but you aren’t interested in getting up early to catch the ...
An experience unlike any other in NYC, your 5 hour Classic Bike Tour is the most comprehensive and c...
Day 1: New York – Finger Lakes – Niagara FallsYou'll depart from the Big Apple heading north where y...