Newcastle’s Quayside and the River Tyne are inseparable when telling the story of the city: this tour will take you along the historic Quayside where you'll have the chance to see all the town's famous bridges – the Tyne Bridge, Swing Bridge and the Millennium Bridge. Your guide will tell you the stories of those who lived and worked on the river Tyne; it's a great way to learn the history of the city and the reasons why the Bridges that make Newcastle are so iconic.
Newcastle’s Quayside walking tour
Availability: From Monday to Saturday
Duration: 1 hour
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Walk along the historic Quayside and see all the town's famous bridges
- Learn the stories of those lived and worked on the river Tyne
- Listen to the bridges' iconic history
What to expect
- Tour of Newcastle's Quayside
- English speaking guide
Children (0-15): reduced
The start of the tour will be from The Redhouse, which can be found on the Sandhill, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
What to remember
- For the tour, we suggest you dress warmly with waterproofs as the weather is always changeable.
- The terrain on the tour can be uneven and hilly due to Newcastle’s natural topography
- When booking, please let us know if children under 6 years of age will be travelling with you
From Monday to Saturday at 10am, 11am, 12am, 2pm and 3pm.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the activity begins.