Discover the history of Sardinia with this Tuk-Tuk (or minivan) tour of the archeological sites of Olbia! The excursion covers in 2.5 hours the most important milestones that have made famous the region of Sardinia!
Meet us for the departure at Molo Brin and get ready to explore the very ancient origins of Olbia! You'll see archaeological sites that testify to the presence of an important Nuragic civilization during the Bronze Age and you'll discover the existence of a city built by the Punics that developed alongside the Romans until the Middle Ages.
Here is what you'll see during the tour:
- The Basilica of S.Simplicio, an imposing Romanesque church made entirely of granite.
- The Roman Aqueduct, one of the most important testimonies of Roman history in Olbia.
- The Roman Cistern, used for the conservation of rainwater, an important architectural testimony of the Roman period.
- The Sacred Well 'Sa Testa' dating back to the Nuragic era, testifies the importance of the worship of water in Nuragic culture.
- The Castle of 'Pedres', perched on a small rocky hill a few kilometers from Olbia. It was built for defensive purposes and has a 360° view of the surrounding area.
- The Tombs of the Giants 'Su Monte e S’Abe' dated back to the Nuragic era. The highest monument of this type in Sardinia (28 meters high).