- Run away to the countryside and relax on a cruise
- See the landmarks of the historical town of Oxford from the water
- Listen to your friendly skipper's commentary and anecdotes
- Relax and take in the beautiful scenery, plants and birds
Are you visiting Oxford but you only have a couple of hours? No worries! Just hop on board with this new 30-minute tour of Oxfords’ landmarks. This half-hour cruise has quickly become a ‘must do’ in Ofxord. On this tour you will:
- see the University Boat Houses and the Regatta course along that busy stretch of river and you’ll also get to sail around Osney Island
- don’t miss this opportunity to experience the ancient Folly Bridge, Christchurch College and Meadows, the College boat houses and Iffley Lock from the river
- just sit down in those comfortable boats and listen to your skipper’s insightful information and funny anecdotes about the river and the history of that particular area
- be able to use your 10% Food Discount coupon to treat yourself to a nice coffee to enjoy on the floating pontoon before or after the cruise
- be allowed to bring alcohol and sodas or juice with you on the cruise.
- ... and more!
- 30 minute sightseeing cruise
- Pick up
- Children under 16 years old: reduced
The cruise departs and ends at the moorings at The Folly Restaurant, 1 Folly Bridge, OX14JU, Oxford
How to get there?
The closest available parking is at the Oxpens Car Park (OX1 1RQ). From this car park you can walk to the moorings at The Folly (OX1 4JU). The walk takes approximately 10 minutes, part of it along the river if you wish. However, as with all city centre car parks, it is quite expensive so you might want to avoid it if you are on a budget.
The most convenient service to Folly Bridge is Red Bridge (south of Oxford accessed from A34 and A423). Once you have parked, pay at the machine by the bus stop (currently £2 for up to 24 hours). You do not need to display a ticket on your car as a number plate recognition system is used. From either of these car parks take a nunber 300 bus (adult return fare currently £2.70) to Oxford Crown Court / Oxford Police Station in St Aldates. These bus stops are 3 minutes’ walk from Folly Bridge.
- Commentary is provided in English only
- Due to the popularity of this cruise and limited capacity, it is strongly recommended to book in advance
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to accomodate wheelchairs
- This cruise runs from Monday to Friday at 3:30pm, from April to October
- The cruise lasts approximately 30 minutes
NOTE: The cruise starts from the moorings, which are situated at The Folly restaurant
The Tower Bridge Experience offers you the opportunity to explore Tower Bridge as a living monument ...
A river cruise is an easy and pleasant way to avoid the busy roads of the city centre while admiring...
From street art and local galleries to gang lords, Jack the Ripper, Dracula, the Elephant Man, and t...
Calling all Muggles and Wizards! Come and discover a wonderful world of magic.Squeeze between two bu...
Escape the hustle and bustle of the big city and join this Spirit of Oxford Cruise from Folly Bridge...
Step into the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world - Windsor Castle. Complimentary audio ...
Travel to Windsor Castle, Oxford and Stonehenge with this full-day excursion from London. Entrances ...
Fans will be able to walk through this fascinating DC exhibition – Dawn of the Superheroes, which ru...
A unique experience taking in the beautiful Cotswold countryside. This special day trip in a luxury ...
To many, Oxford has long been associated with its famous University. However, for fans of Inspector ...