Boat Excursion to Capo Zafferano & snorkel in Secca della Formica
- Get the most out of your time in Palermo with a beautiful boat trip to explore its stunning coastline
- Visit places such as Arco Azzurro (the "Light Blue Arch") and spot the lighthouse of Capo Zafferano
- Stop for a for a swim or to snorkel in the turquoise water of Secca della Formica
This tour starts from Marina of Villa Igiea at about 9.30 am in the morning and 3.30 pm in the afternoon. You'll sail in the direction of Capo Mongerbino and, after a while, you'll spot the famous Arco Azzurro ("Light Blue Arch").
The boat trip will then continue towards Capo Zafferano and will let you admire the lighthouse and the area just in front of it, which is called "the swimming pools" because of the protected and sunny internal bay that it encloses.
The tour will proceed in the direction of the Secca della Formica. The boat will stop at the edges of the sandbar, where you can enjoy some time for swimming and/or snorkelling and admire the colours and the inhabitants of this stunning sea. The Secca della Formica is an enchanting example of what submarine nature is able to generate and at the same time a silent witness of many shipwrecks and lost human lives.
A fascinating and unmissable experience if you're going to spend your holidays in the beautiful Palermo!
- guidance during the tour
- swim/snorkelling stop at Secca della Formica
- snorkelling gear
- welcome drink
- gratuities (optional)
- transportation to the meeting point
Porto Acquasanta, Piazza Marina, 90100 Palermo, Italy
Show tour voucher to the boat crew of Mini Crociere in Barca in Marina di Villa Igiea.
- Remember to bring a towel, swimming gear and sunscreen
- In case of a windy day some boat movements can occur. Please keep that in mind if you suffer from sea sickness
- every day from April to end October
- at 9.30 am and 3.30 pm
The tour will start from the meeting point located in Palermo city center. The driver will pick you ...
The Selinunte Tour will allow you to experience the best of Sicily. Located on the south-west coast ...
Through this 3-hour walking tour you will have the chance to visit, with a private guide, the beauti...
This private tour, lasting for about 3.5 hours, will give you the opportunity to explore the culture...
With this 4.5-hour private guided tour of Palermo, you will enjoy the most important treasures of th...
The cloister belonging to the Benedictine Abbey of S. Maria la Nuova, founded in 1174 at the behest ...