Full-day guided tour to Piazza Armerina and Agrigento from Palermo
- See the beautiful town of Piazza Armerina
- Visit the Roman Villa of Casale
- Discover one of many Unesco sites in Sicily
- See the baroque and Norman city center
The tour will start from the meeting point located in Palermo city center. The driver will pick you up and will start driving in direction of Piazza Armerina (approximately 2 hours and half from Palermo).
Upon arrival, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the visit of the amazing Roman Villa of Casale, that belongs to the Unesco Heritage. Built on the 4th century AD, the Villa was later forgotten and only in the 20th century excavations revealed the whole building. It is the supreme example of a luxury Roman villa (about 3500 square meters of floor mosaics) and was probably the residence of a member of the upper class of the Roman Empire. The mosaics discovered here are celebrated among scholars of antiquity. The visit inside the Roman Villa will be done independently. Every room has information boards. Admission fee not included (at the moment the price is Eur 10 per person for Adult).
After the visit of the Roman Villa (approximately 1 hour/ 1 hour and half, depending the number of visitors inside the Villa) we will reach a local restaurant for a snack including a mixed starter, water and coffee (other courses available paying a surcharge).
After lunch we will drive approximately 2 hours before reaching the Valley of the Temples of Agrigento (Admission fee not included. At the moment the price is Eur 10 per person for Adult). This archaeological site belongs to the Unesco World Heritage since 1997. The visit of the Valley of the Temples covers the Temple of Hera, the Temple of Concordia, the Temple of Hercules and the Temple of Zeus. Agrigento, according to legend, was founded by Daedalus and his son Icarus after they had fled from Crete “by air”. Historically, however, its origins date back to 582 B.C. when it was founded by Rhodian-cretan colonist from the neighbouring Gela who named their city Akragas after the nearby river of that name. It rapidly increased in size, importance and military strength under Phalarides, the first tyrant, and later under Theron, who extended his sway over northern Sicily as far as Himera. Agrigento was a city of artists and illustrious personages, amongst whom the philosopher Empedocles. Pindar defines it as “the most beautiful of mortal cities” and, in fact, in the Vth century B.C., those famous temples, whose beauty we still admire today, were built. A licensed guide will be provided if the group will be minimum 6 people. For groups from 1 to 5, the walking tour of the Valley of the Temples will be done independently.
Later we will drive back to Palermo.
- Vehicle/coach with air conditioning
- English speaking staff
- All sightseeing and visits as per itinerary
- Gratuities and tips
- Meals and beverages
- Travel insurance
- Admission fees
- Licensed tourist guide at Roman Villa if less than 6 people on the tour
Piazza Ruggiero Settimo, 16, 90139 Palermo PA, Italy
Piazza Ruggero Settimo 15 - Palermo (between Politeama Hotel and Prada store)
- Departure from Palermo
- This tour is land only
- Number of participants: minimum 2 - maximum 18
- This tour is operated only with a Driver-Escort for groups up to 5 people. The visit to the Roman Villa of Casale will be independent. The Driver Escort is not a Licensed Tourist Guide. The Driver Escort is not a Licensed Tourist Guide. Licensed Tourist Guide: are the only professionals, with a Regional license, permitted to conduct visits and tours in all sites and museums within a city. The Driver Escort cannot escort people inside the monuments because this is not allowed by Italian law. However, he has the competences to promote the most important highlights providing basic historical & cultural information.
- For 6 to 8 people, the tour is operated with a Driver Escort and a licensed Tour Guide on the spot to visit the Roman Villa.
- From more than 8 people, this tour is operated with a Tour Director. Licensed Tourist Guide is provided on the spot to visit the Roman Villa.
- Please note: the price of this tour does not include the admission fees.
- Our agency does not discriminate in any way based on religion, race/national origin, political affiliation or any other factors. We reserve the right to expel from the tour any participant whose behavior toward other participants obviously does not conform to this policy. It is important that our tours be undertaken in a social environment which creates a friendly, memorable experience for all participants. Thank you for your understanding.
Thursday at 8.45am
Leave Palermo early in the morning to reach western Sicily and Erice uptown. This medieval town was ...
Palermo walking tour, half day or an entire day to discover Palermo, Capital of Culture 2018, accomp...
With this 4.5-hour private guided tour of Palermo, you will enjoy the most important treasures of th...
Discover Palermo, the chief town of Sicily, with an open-top, hop-on hop-off bus tour!Start from the...
This tour will give you the opportunity to enjoy the incredible visit of Agrigento, home to an archa...
This private tour, lasting for about 3.5 hours, will give you the opportunity to explore the culture...
Through this 3-hour walking tour you will have the chance to visit, with a private guide, the beauti...
La Zisa, costruita nel XII secolo, fu concepita durante la dominazione normanna in Sicilia. La sua f...
The Selinunte Tour will allow you to experience the best of Sicily. Located on the south-west coast ...
This is the first street food tour ever launched in Sicily. A relaxing 3hr walk with a young license...