D-Day Beaches day trip from Paris with typical Norman lunch and cider tasting
- Visit the WWII US landing beaches in Normandy
- Explore the Utah Beach Museum (in an original Bunker)
- Visit the Pointe du Hoc, heroically taken by US Rangers
- Enjoy a typical Norman lunch on the port of Grandcamp Maisy
Travelers who visit the historical battlefields of Normandy often come away describing the experience as moving, emotional and memorable. Standing in the midst of the landing beaches is certainly an experience that should not be missed, and choosing the right day trip from Paris will be defining in ensuring your day is comprehensive, informative and unhurried. Our meticulously studied itinerary is designed to bring together the most poignant historical sites of Normandy with the opportunity to appreciate the rich traditions that characterize this area – all woven together masterfully through the illuminating tales and knowledge of an expert guide.
We’ll first arrive at the exceptional Utah Beach Museum, housed in an original German bunker and built on the very beach where the first American troops landed. We’ll stop for a brief visit in a traditional Norman cider-making orchard where we’ll enjoy a tasting of the cider and Calvados in an original 17th century barn.
We’ll continue our exploration of Normandy with a typical Norman-style lunch, freshly prepared for us with only seasonal ingredients. After lunch we will travel to Pointe du Hoc, a German defense situated on the cliff tops and heroically taken by US Rangers. This cliff overlooking the English Channel today remains very much as it was left over half a century ago by the Rangers. Many of the original German fortifications have been left in place and the area is still scarred by bomb craters.
We’ll also have the opportunity to pay our respects to the fallen at the American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer. The cemetery is located on a bluff that overlooks Omaha Beach, which was one of the landing beaches of the D-Day invasion. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., son of President Theodore Roosevelt and a Medal of Honor recipient, is buried here together with the almost 10,000 soldiers who sacrificed their lives. Our stop in the area includes a visit to the Omaha Beach Visitor Centre.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer
- Entrance ticket and reservation fee for all sites visited
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- All transfers in an air-conditioned coach
- Lunch, including one glass of cider
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Extra beverages at lunch (a glass of cider is served with lunch)
- Infant 0-3: free
- Child 4-14: reduced
1 Place du Trocadéro et du 11 Novembre, 75016 Paris, France
Meet us in front of the main entrance of the Architecture Museum at Palais de Chaillot
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- We are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
Wednesday & Friday Meeting Time: 06:45 Departure Time: 07:00
MAHLER - TITANS Mahler ne rêvait que de symphonie et se référa au roman Titan de Jean Paul, l’une de...
STRAVINSKY, PETROUCHKA Le tournant du XIXe et du XXe siècle fut, en musique, une manière d’âge d’or....
MESSIAEN, TURANGALILA « Chanson d'amour, hymne de joie, mouvement, rythme, vie et mort », tels sont ...
GARMONBOZIA présente : BRAINSTORM "Midnight Ghost TOUR" + guest
C'est en écoutant les « Ethiopiques » (Francis Falceto, Buda Musique) que les 5 "férenj" d'Akalé Wub...
VINCENT TORTILLER batterie invite : Max Dormon basse, Romain Roussouliere guitare, Auxane Cartigny p...