Gourmet trip in Bordeaux from Paris with wine-tasting
- Travel by high-speed train, reach the wine country in 2 hours
- Visit 3 wine spots and taste 8 wines with very different profiles
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage site Saint-Emilion
- Enjoy gourmet lunch at a beautiful chateau (with more wine, of course)
- Small groups of just 15 people or fewer, your experience will be intimate
In the early morning, we will catch the first high-speed train of the day to Bordeaux. In two hours you’ll step off in Bordeaux City and grab a private minibus to Saint-Émilion. You’ll visit this historic town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where Ancient Romans first planted vines in the 2nd century. Your visit will include a look into the seven stories of caves that guard a treasure trove of aging wine.
Your first stop is a small winery in the center of Saint Emilion. After an introduction to the different types of wines produced in the region, you’ll head down into their ancient cellars to taste some of the wines you have just learned about and enjoy a scrumptious bordeaux macaron.
You’ll hop back into the minibus and enjoy a twenty-minute ride through the lovely, rolling countryside to reach a nearby chateau. You’ll take a full tour of the vineyard and also learn how the climate and geology of the region come together to create famously robust red wines. You’ll also pop into the chateau’s scent garden to test your palate on edible plants and get a little teaser of some of the tastes hidden in the wines. Finally, head to the chateau’s old tower to taste two of their wines.
Before you leave, you’ll sit down for lunch on a terrace overlooking the vineyards. The menu changes seasonally, but think local meat and produce; fresh, natural ingredients; and of course, another glass of wine, on the house.
After lunch, you’ll head to a much smaller, family operated vineyard, which also has some of the oldest grape vines in Bordeaux. The owner will show you around and tell you the story of the blight that almost destroyed the European wine industry before salvation came from a very surprising source. You’ll enjoy a dégustation à la barrique , in which the owner will tap some of his barrels and fill your glasses straight from them. You’ll taste a wine that’s still aging and two different white wines, one made from some of the oldest wines in France. You’ll get to try a claret which is a very old style of Bordeaux wine, which almost died out but is now being revived around the region.
You'll hop back on the bus to Bordeaux city, where you’ll catch the train back to Paris.
- Guided walking tour Saint Emilion village
- Round trip high speed train from Paris to Bordeaux
- Private bus transfers in Bordeaux region
- All wine tastings
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants under 4 years old are free of charge
Le Paris Montparnasse Cafe, 43 Avenue du Maine, 75014 Paris
Meet us 15 minutes before departure in front of Le Paris Montparnasse Cafe.Metro stop: Gaîté (line 13). Take "Sortie" (exit) #n°4 "rue Vandamme", which leaves you on the Avenue du Maine. Walk down to number 43. The Montparnasse area can be confusing, please give yourself extra time to reach the meeting point.
- Latecomers and no-shows won't be able to join the group, reschedule or get a refund
- For those with food allergies or other special requirements, please specify when booking. We will do our very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
Meeting Time: 06:15 AM
Departure Time: 06:30 AM
Enjoy the Musée d’Orsay’s fantastic collection of Impressionist art with this day-ticket that’s vali...
Roland Garros - PC: Semifinal pack: 6 & 7 june 07-06-2019 1S Allée Suzanne Lenglen, 75016 Paris, Fra...
Roland Garros - PC: Final pack: 8 & 9 june 09-06-2019 1S Allée Suzanne Lenglen, 75016 Paris, France ...
Roland Garros - PC: Quarter Final pack: 4 & 5 june 04-06-2019 1S Allée Suzanne Lenglen, 75016 Paris,...
Make the most of your visit of Paris with this combo offer including an audioguided tour of the Eiff...
Make the most of your visit of Paris with our skip-the-line audioguided tour of the Eiffel Tower!Ori...