Mont Saint-Michel and bay tour from Paris by high-speed train
- Travel by high-speed train: faster than the bus, more time on spot
- Exclusive low-tide walk out into the bay of Mont Saint Michel!
- Visit the Mont Saint-Michel Abbey with audioguide included
- A 45-minute guided tour of Mont Saint-Michel village
On this luxury day trip you’re going to explore the history of this much-coveted rock; from the heights of the monastery to the marshes of the floodplain that surround it. And with transport by high-speed train, you’ll spend more time in the Mont than you would on any other day trip from Paris.
Your day starts in Montparnasse train station in Central Paris. Here you’ll meet your expert guide and group of max 18 fellow travelers, and hop on the first high-speed train out of the city. It will take you only 1.5 hours to get to Rennes, plus an extra hour and twenty minutes on a private minibus.
The order of this tour depends heavily on the tides coming into and out of the bay. Most visitors never explore the sand here, but you will. Led by a specially-trained naturalist guide, you’ll kick off your shoes and walk out onto the tidal flat to discuss the unique nature and environment surrounding Mont Saint-Michel and even see a bit of the dreaded quicksand that used to trap pilgrims trying to cross the bay. Don’t worry, your guide won’t let you get stuck, but they will show you how to get out of it. This is also where you will get the most stunning views of the village and monastery.
Back in the village, you’ll enjoy a two-hour tour of the Medieval city streets and fortified walls in which your guide will give you the colorful history of this tiny, but strategically-important community. From Irish monks and Bretton bishops to English Barons, French kings, and countless religious pilgrims; seemingly everyone in Western Europe has, at some time or another, wanted a piece of this little rock. Once you head inside the monastery, you’ll understand why.
After a break for lunch (with plenty of recommendations from your guide, for where you can enjoy the local specialty omelets) you’ll head inside the Abbey to soak in the Gothic architecture and its history. Your guide isn’t able to follow you in but they will brief you on the building’s history and what to keep an eye out for before you go inside with your audio guide. Because it was used as a prison after the French Revolution, you can see stark reminders of human captivity like a human-sized “hamster wheel” that was operated by prisoners to haul goods up the hill. Afterwards, you might just want to conquer the village yourself.
At the end of the tour, hop back on the bus, then train, for the journey back to Paris.
- High-speed trains and private minibus transfer to and from Mont Saint-Michel
- Private minibus transport
- Skip the line ticket to Abbey with audio guide
- Small Groups of 18 people
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Infants up to 3 years are free of charge.
Café Le Paris Montparnasse, 43 Avenue du Maine, 75014 Paris
Meet us 15 minutes before departure in front of Le Paris Montparnasse Cafe.Metro stop: Gaîté (line 13). Take "Sortie" (exit) #n°4 "rue Vandamme", which leaves you on the Avenue du Maine. Walk down to number 43. The Montparnasse area can be confusing, please give yourself extra time to reach the meeting point.
- Latecomers and no-shows won't be able to join the group, reschedule or get a refund
- The order of sites visited will depend on the tides. In cases of unusually high tides, a tour of the bay will not be possible.
- The tour of the bay will be done barefoot; we recommend you to bring a small towel and a bag or backpack in which to put your shoes during that section of the tour. A jacket is highly recommended, even in the summer.
- While exploring the bay, guests will be wading through sand, clay, and water, that reaches their ankles. In warmer months they will be barefoot.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- Wednesdays, Fridays at 6.30am
- Saturdays at 7.15am
Participe de uma excursão de dia inteiro a uma das atracções mais populares e emblemáticas da França...
Viva o seu próprio mágico conto de fadas por um dia inteiro: visite a Disney e crie o seu próprio fi...
Com tanta coisa para ver em Paris, este passeio reúne algumas das melhores atrações sob uma nova per...
Sinta toda a mágia do grande Palácio de Versalhes e seus jardins. Longe da agitação de Paris, este m...
Esta é uma exploração aprofundada das histórias, mitos, lendas e tradições escondidas atrás das pedr...
Paris é a cidade mais fotografada do mundo, mas você sente que suas imagens não combinam com os cart...
Esta viagem de um dia inteiro de Paris é uma oportunidade para descobrir três dos castelos mais famo...
Visite a Catedral de Notre Dame de manhã cedo, com seu guia que irá recebê-lo com uma introdução a c...
Sua viagem a Paris não está completa, a menos que você experimente jantar - o Hard Rock Cafe. Não se...
Faça uma viagem ao passado: mergulhe na história e reviva a aventura cheia de adrenalina dos Western...