Trip to Chambord and Chenonceau with wine-tasting from Paris
- Visit 2 of the Loire Valley's most famous Renaissance châteaux
- Travel by air-conditionned coach from the center of Paris
- See King Francis I's famous staircase at Chambord
Delve into centuries of history and architecture in a single day. Head to Chambord and Chenonceau, spectacular castles of Renaissance in Loire Valley. Admire the beautiful countryside along the Loire and throughout France as well as enjoy our way of life, which is known the world over!
Leave from our agency in central Paris at 7.15 am. for a special day touring the Loire Valley. Relax on a luxury air-conditioned coach as you take in the beautiful French countryside before arriving at Château de Chambord at around 9:30 a.m.
Chambord is one of the largest châteaux in the Loire Valley, nestled in the middle of a huge hunting ground. It was built for King Francis I of France in the 16th century with the help of none other than Leonardo da Vinci. See the amazing double helix staircase, which represented the Tree of Life during the Middle Ages, and the château’s wide panoramic terrace with its sea of chimneys that overlook the grounds.
Chenonceau, also known as the ‘The ladies’ castle’, was built during the 16th Century and has been home to many well-known aristocratic French ladies, such as Diane de Poitiers, Catherine de Medici and the White Queen, Louise de Lorraine. You could almost be dreaming as Chenonceau appears over the River Cher. Its fairytale architecture bears witness to a sophisticated and typically French style of living, with elegantly furnished floral rooms, tapestries, antique paintings and fascinating kitchens housed in the piers of the bridge that supports the château.
To complete your visit, you can discover the Loire wine heritage through a wine and local products tasting.
You'll be back in Paris at around 8.00pm.
Note: In Summer, on Saturdays and Mondays, this itinerary changes: The Château de Chambord is replaced by the château d’Amboise
- Entrance tickets to the 2 châteaux
- Services of our guide
- Round-trip transport from Paris in an air-conditionned coach
- Lunch with drinks (in Winter, from November 1 to March 31)
- In Summer: lunch (from April 1 to October 31)
- Transfers from your residence
- Children(0-2): free
- Children (3-11): reduced
Paris CityVision, 2 rue des Pyramides - 75001 Paris
Customers need to check in at the tour operator agency (to redeem the voucher) at least 30 minutes before the tour departure time.
- In Summer, on Saturdays and Mondays, this itinerary changes: The Château de Chambord is replaced by the château d’Amboise
- During winter time, we recommend good walking shoes and warm clothing
- In Summer (April 1 to October 31) lunch is not included.
- In winter (November 1 to March 31), lunch is included at the St Hubert Hotel Restaurant in Cour-Cheverny (five minutes from Cheverny). On the menu is homemade salmon terrine with lemon sauce, eggs with mixed vegetables; roast turkey with green beans, provençal tomatoes and sautéed potatoes; and warm apple tart (1/4 Bottle of wine, water, coffee or tea)..
- Every day
Departure: 07.15 AM
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Spend a day enjoying two of Paris’s greatest sights as your local guide introduces you to the art, h...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...