Versailles full-day VIP Marie-Antoinette tour
- Enter through usually forbidden doors and peek into secret rooms
- Travel by train with your host from Paris to Versailles
- Exclusive access to the private quarters of Marie Antoinette
- No more than 19 people in your VIP group
On this full-day excursion from Paris, you will follow the lives and destinies of the French Royal family, most particularly Marie Antoinette, as you learn about regal life at the Court of Versailles under Louis XIV, XV and XVI. See the magnificent staterooms where the kings and queens held court, including the spectacular Hall of Mirrors. Then step behind the scenes with exclusive access to rarely seen areas including the homes of influential mistresses, royal children, ambitious nobles and jealous courtiers. You will have an experience available to only a select few, visiting the secret rooms of Versailles are where the pages of history were actually written. Your expert guide will lead you through some of the 2,300 rooms of Versailles, on a route specially designed to bring this history to life, through doors that remain locked to everyone else and will be opened only for you!
Learn about Marie Antoinette and how she eventually fled this public life, retreating to the Petit Trianon and her Hamlet on the palace grounds where she lived a simple country existence, in stark contrast to the intrigues and constraints of the court. Explore these tranquil gardens appreciating the beauty of her private paradise, a world away from the crowds at the palace.
See the Versailles most visitors don’t see with this full-day exploration of the empty halls and hidden passages once used by queen Marie Antoinette. Your guide will tell your small group the stories and scandals of the royal lifestyle as you experience the incredible opulence.
Enjoy free time for lunch and the opportunity to see Versailles’s magnificent gardens with your guide.
- Guided visit inside the palace of Versailles
- Guided visit to the gardens of Versailles
- Guided visit inside the Petit Trianon
- Guided visit to Marie Antoinette's hamlet
- Escorted train travel to and from central Paris
- Small groups of 19 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 4-14); Reduced
- Infants (ages 0-3): Free
107 Rue de l'Université, 75007 Paris, France
Meet us 15 minutes before the departure outside the Metro stop Invalides on the rue de l'Université. Your guide will be standing in front of the metro exit with a sign.
- This service ends at Versailles around 5.00pm
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs. Comfortable shoes are recommended
- We are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- We are also unable to accommodate pushchairs/strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour (non-flash inside the palace)
- We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
- Express access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours
- Tuesday, Sunday
Meeting Time: 08:30am
Departure Time: 08:45am
Accordéoniste Auvergnate de renommée internationale , Sylvie PULLES est une habituée des plus grande...
EN ATTENDANT BOJANGLES de Olivier Bourdeaut , mis en scène par Victoire Berger-Perrin Sous le regard...
CZ Festival #3 CANONGEZENINO DUO invitent DANIEL HUMAIR Mario Canonge piano, Michel Zenino cbasse, D...
CNFERENCE DE MARTIN SELIGMAN *Conférence traduite en simultané en français. casque que traduction di...
2 couples, une maison de campagne, un week-end… Quoi de plus innocent ?Mais les apparences sont trom...
C'est en écoutant les « Ethiopiques » (Francis Falceto, Buda Musique) que les 5 "férenj" d'Akalé Wub...