Amadei chocolate sensorial experience in Tuscany
- Discover the highest quality Italian chocolate
- Delight in a tasting of Amadei chocolate
- Taste excellent and unique products not available elsewhere
- Learn about the phases of chocolate making
In 1990, Cecilia Tessieri, with the support of her entire family - including her maternal grandmother whose maiden name is Amedei - decided to dedicate herself to what has since become an extraordinary adventure that has led her to discover the precious secrets of chocolate. Her business began by producing pralines in a small laboratory just 45 meters squared with a single employee. Perfection was still far away. Since then, Amadei has discovered and come to value the most rare cocoa beans found in remote areas all over the world, dedicating itself to turning these prized beans into precious creations. In the meanwhile, Cecilia was named "maitre chocolatier" after completing apprenticeships in Belgium, France and Germany; she collected ancient chocolate-making machinery around Europe, brought it back to her business for experimentation and study, and has since used modern technology to reach the same level of perfection, mixing cocoa and her great competence to revolutionize the art of chocolate making.
Quality control and guarantee of experience
Every year, dozens and dozens of canopy bags full of precious cocoa beans arrive at the old La Rotta foundry, today the main office of Amedei, where they are transformed into chocolate under the supervision of Cecilia Tessieri. The entire process takes place following the highest level of control available: in 2001, the business received ISO 9001 certification for its quality management system; in 2004, they were given ISO 14001 certification for environmental management; in 2005, to increase further their environmental initiatives, the company joined the EMAS organization. Furthermore, Amadei chocolates are Kosher certified, which is a clear indication of their wholesome nature (Amadei uses only pure cocoa butter).
Visit and offer
The visit consists of a tour following the many stages of chocolate production - from the cocoa beans to the refining of the mixtures to the fillings. You will take part in a tasting with information about all the chocolates. The three tour/tasting options are:
- DOLCEZZA (sweetness)
- This tour lasts 1.5 hours and lets you discover the production phases with the chance to taste the chocolate along its journey from toasted cocoa nibs to the final product. The tasting session includes various chocolates chosen precisely for you by Cecilia Tessieri, including the "9," proclaimed to be an international award-winning chocolate by the London Academy of Chocolate.
- EMOZIONE (Emotion)
- On this 2 hour tour, you will take an emotional journey to discover the smells and flavors of Amadei chocolate. At the beginning, enjoy a detailed explanation and illustration of the various production phases, followed by a tasting of prized cocoa. Then, savor a delicious hot or cold drinking chocolate prepared in the moment just for you. Lastly, get a sample of chocolates chosen by Ceclilia Tessieri, including the "Blanco de Criollo," (winner of the Golden Bean 2013) and the creamy Creme Toscane Amadei chocolate.
- INFINITO (Infinite)
- On this 3 hour tour, travel back in time to discover the history of chocolate through a visual demonstration and a guided visit into some of the production areas. Just as for the other options, you will taste the chocolate as you journey through the production phases. In the tasting session, you will have a choice of the most esteemed chocolates including the "9," the "Blanco de Criollo,' and the "Porcelana." The creamy Creme Toscane chocolates and a hot of cold drinking chocolate, along with a taste of praline, will make this an exceptional experience for any chocolate lover.
- Tasting of chocolates and chocolate products
- Tour with illustration of the phases of chocolate making
Children 10 years and under: free
Via di S. Gervasio, 29C, 56025 Pontedera PI, Italy
Please note: tour guides and interpretors have free entrance
Monday - Friday
Leave Florence behind and head to Pisa, the beautiful city known worldwide for its Leaning Tower and...
Departs in the morning from Pisa to discover Florence. Have free time to visit Florence on your own....
Departs in the morning from Pisa with our shuttle service. Once in Florence meet the tour leader and...
Enjoy a 2-hour guided walking tour of the city of Pisa, visit the Cathedral and then climb the Leani...
Book this 2.5-hour private tour to discover one of the most beautiful places in Tuscany, the mysteri...
The tour will start with a visit to a typical medieval village placed on the hill where you can admi...