Pisa food and wine guided tour
- Enjoy a 4 hour long culinary tour across the streets of Pisa
- Learn about the local history and culinary traditions
- Visit the food places where the local go and the people who provide the gastronomic services to the city’s residents and workers
The Pisa food and wine tour is a 4 hour long walking tour which will introduce you to the real city of Pisa – right up to and beyond the iconic Leaning Tower.
This is a unique experience to enjoy this unpretentious university city where you will have the opportunity to eat and drink with the locals away from the tourist traps and understand the traditions and culture behind the food.
In addition to eating and drinking your way through the streets of Pisa, you will see the city from a different prospective – discover hidden spots, take pictures from unusual places, see the Leaning Tower and other famous monuments. You will learn about the history of the city and also about everyday life of the people living in Pisa.
You'll meet your guide at the fountain next to the Leaning Tower. After a brief introduction to the history of the monumental complex of the Cathedral of Pisa you'll head to the city centre for your culinary tour.
The tour includes 6 authentic food stops with several tastings where you will get the chance to meet the people who provide the gastronomic services to the city’s residents and workers.
You will start with a typical Italian"aperitivo" and end four hours later with gelato. Somewhere in-between you will sample the traditional Pisan "cecina", local street food like the genuine "porchetta", a slice of the local typical pizza, pasta, Tuscan cheese and cold-cuts. Sip a glass of Chianti, try the simple wines which the locals drink with lunch and savour the flavour of quality Italian coffee.
There will be plenty of food to try during the tour - the advice is to have a light breakfast or lunch before arriving at the meeting point for the beginning of the tour.
- Fully narrated 4 hour guided food & wine tour with local guide
- All food and drinks
- Transportation to the meeting point
- Child (0-5): free of charge
- Youth (6-12): reduced
Piazza del Duomo, 56126 Pisa PI
At the fountain near the Leaning Tower
- Afternoon tour starts at 12.00pm and ends at 4.00pm
- Evening tour starts at 5.30pm and ends at 9:30pm
- The tour will end after 4 hours in the city centre along the riverbanks
- This is a small group tour with max. 10 people
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 12.00pm (afternoon tour) and at 5:30pm (evening tour)
Leave Florence behind and head to Pisa, the beautiful city known worldwide for its Leaning Tower and...
Departs in the morning from Pisa to discover Florence. Have free time to visit Florence on your own....
Departs in the morning from Pisa with our shuttle service. Once in Florence meet the tour leader and...
The Savini family has always been involved in the truffle business in Tuscany, a passion that has be...
Enjoy a 2 hour guided walking tour of the city of Pisa and then climb the Leaning Tower with guarant...
Book this 2.5-hour private tour to discover one of the most beautiful places in Tuscany, the mysteri...