Food tasting and sightseeing tour of Pointe-à-Pitre
- Visit the old presbytery and the St Pierre et St Paul basilica
- Sample ti-punch at the covered market
- Try the bokit, a typical sandwich from Guadeloupe
- Taste coconut water and sugar cane juice
While most visitors just drop in to Pointe-à-Pitre for shopping for french cosmetics, madras-colored fashions and perfumes, you will have the unique opportunity to experience a historical tour coupled with a food tour.
The tour will first bring you to the town center where you'll visit The Place de la Victoire. Here you'll see some old trees said to have been planted by Victor Hugues, the mulatto who organized a revolutionary army of both whites and blacks to establish a dictatorship following the French Revolution. In this square he kept a guillotine busy, and the death-dealing instrument remained until modern times. The visit will continue towards the old presbytery and the St Pierre et St Paul basilica, built between 1807 and 1814.
You'll be guided to a restaurant to sample some ti-punch, a beverage made with rum, cane syrup or sugar, and lime. You'll walk to the covered market in Pointe-à-Pitre where vendors display colorful local fruits, vegetables, spices, sauces, and hand-made crafts. There, you will try the bokit, a typical sandwich from Guadeloupe usually filled with cod, tuna, ham, chicken or conch. Soft on the inside and crusty on the outside, bokit tastes delicious! You will also get to try the famous "sorbet au coco". This refreshing delight is made from coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, lime zest and a few drops of bitter almond.
The tour ends with tastings of coconut water and sugar cane juice by the fish market.
- Food and drink samples
- Small-group tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Additional food
Place de la Victoire, Pointe-à-Pitre.
Meet us 10 minutes before deaprture on Place de la Victoire, Pointe-à-Pitre.
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Departure at 10.00am
Origines » rend hommage aux créateurs du cirque équestre à travers des tableaux qui illustreront la ...
Boléro de Ravel et 9ème Symphonie de Beethoven Orchestre Helios Choeur Tempestuoso Direction Jean Ch...
CASSE –NOISETTE ZETIA ORGANISATION présente ce spectacle Le Grand Ballet du Théâtre Municipal Académ...
"Roch Voisine, devant nous... Son nouvel album, son nouveau concert...Devant nous propose un son pop...
Pinocchio l'incroyable voyage Par le geste de l’ébéniste, le morceau de bois devient pantin ; Par un...
DUELS à DAVIDEJONATOWN Un western vraiment à l'ouest ! Les habitants de Davidéjonatown, un patelin p...