From Naples: stunning Pompeii half-day with private transfer
- Meet your driver straight at Naples cruise port (super convienient if you're coming from a cruise ship!)
- Discover one of the most fascinating archaeological sites in the world
- Explore the amphitheater, the Temple of Iside and other historical attractions
- Enjoy a comfortable private transfer from the cruise port in Naples to Pompeii site
With this round trip private transfer between Naples (cruise port terminal) and Pompeii, you can explore the ancient city of Pompeii on your own without having to worry about public transportation time schedules.
Maybe you didn't already know, but much of the site's value lies in the fact that the town wasn't simply blown away by Vesuvius in 79 AD but buried under a layer of lapilli (burning fragments of pumice stone). The result is a remarkably well-preserved slice of ancient life, where you can walk down Roman streets and snoop around millennia-old houses, temples, shops, cafes, amphitheaters and even a brothel.
Pompeii was rediscovered in 1748, when excavations began, and through the different centuries more and more parts of the city have been unearthed.
Watch your step as you go around visiting the temples and theatres, as excavations continually take place in the site and you might even discover something that is yet unknown!
- Private round trip from Naples with an air-conditioned comfortable vehicle (approximately 1 hour in total)
- Entrance fee to Pompeii
- Food & drinks
- Tour guide
Calata Piliero, 4, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
Your driver will be waiting for you in the parking area on the right side of the port
- The duration of the transfer is approximately 30 minutes each way (the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions)
- The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of exceptionally heavy rain, the tour may be canceled and you will be given a full refund
- Please note that this trip doesn't include a tour guide, neither during the car transfer nor on the site. You can decide whether to book a tour guide once in Pompeii or you can explore the site on your own
- Every day at 9.00am, 10.00am, 11.00am, 14.00pm and 15.00pm
Seeing Pompeii on your own can be difficult and baffling. That’s why our tour has been designed to b...
Among the most visited sites in Italy, Pompeii was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997...
Meet your guide by the old Porta Marina Superiore for a tour of the western part of Pompeii, site of...
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997, Pompeii undoubtedly tells a fascinating chapter in t...
Experience a two-hour guided tour of Pompeii with an archaeologist and skip-the-line admission fees ...
On August 24, 79 AD, Vesuvius erupted, burying the nearby town of Pompeii in ash and pumice, killing...