Pompeii and Herculaneum guided tour with transport by Circumvesuviana train
- visit the best houses and public buildings of Pompeii
- transfer to Herculaneum by the Circumvesuviana train (30 minutes trip)
- visit the best preserved parts of Herculaneum
- small groups
- local certified tour guides
- free for the children 1 to 12 years old
This tour consists in a marvellous walk around of the ancient Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum, buried from the ashes of the volcano Vesuvius in 79 a. D. In 4 hours I'll be able to show you most of the highlights!
A walk in Pompeii is a very intense experience; you'll have the feeling of wandering in a still alive town. I will explain you the history of the town and how the Romans lived showing you all the most important public buildings and private houses.
Herculaneum is much smaller but better preserved. While Pompeii was covered in four/five meters of ashes, a 20 meters thick avalanche of muds buried Herculaneum. It is still possible to see second stories, carbonized wooden objects, intact paintings and mosaics. With my explanation I'll make the city come to life.
- Meeting at the train station Pompei Scavi Villa dei Misteri
- Pompeii: This 2-hour tour of Pompeii allows you to see all details of the western part of the ancient town, where the most important public buildings, homes and shops are located.
- Highlights: the Marina Gate, the Basilica (court house), the Forum (main square), the Forum baths, the Lupanar (brothel), the bakery, the house of Faun, the Termopolium Capuano, the House of Tragic Poet, the plaster casts.
- Free time or 1 hour stop for a lunch in one of the snack bars, restaurants, or pizzerias nearby the ruins.
- Transfer to Herculaneum by the circumvsuviana train
- Herculaneum: a wonderful 2-hour walk in the city of Herculaneum. Here you will see the Temple of the Augustali, the beach where more than 300 skeletons were found, the thermal baths, the forum, the house of Neptune and Amphitrite, the Samnite house, the gymnasium, the house of the Dears and much more.
- Local certified tour guide that will guide and assist you for the entire duration of the tour
- Admission fees (combo ticket Pompeii-Herculaneum Eur 22 per person, free for children under 18)
- Train tickets (Pompeii to Herculaneum EUR 2,20 per person)
Via Villa dei Misteri, 1, 80045 Pompei NA, Іtaly
Meet your guide at the Circumvesuviana train station of Pompei Scavi - Villa dei Misteri, inside the hall of the train station.
- Activity level is moderate (you will walk for about 3 miles)
- Sunglasses and sunscreen are suggested during summer
- Closed shoes are essential (no flip flops)
Everyday at 09.30am
Seeing Pompeii on your own can be difficult and baffling. That’s why our tour has been designed to b...
With this round trip private transfer between Naples (cruise port terminal) and Pompeii, you can exp...
Among the most visited sites in Italy, Pompeii was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997...
Meet your guide by the old Porta Marina Superiore for a tour of the western part of Pompeii, site of...
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997, Pompeii undoubtedly tells a fascinating chapter in t...
On August 24, 79 AD, Vesuvius erupted, burying the nearby town of Pompeii in ash and pumice, killing...