Private 2-hour guided walking tour of Pompeii
- Discover the main highlights of the ruins of Pompeii
- Learn the story of how the city was buried under ash
- Visit the Forum, Thermal Baths, and an old brothel
Meet your guide by the old Porta Marina Superiore for a tour of the western part of Pompeii, site of the most important public buildings, homes, and shops. Step into the shoes of the Roman citizens of Pompeii as you walk the same streets that they walked.
With your private guide learn how the town was buried under molten ash and lava by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD. Your guide will bring the Roman Republic to life as you experience the remarkably intact structures and learn how the Romans lived both in public and private.
Hear why UNESCO inscribed Pompeii and Herculaneum on the World Heritage Patrimony list for their "complete and vivid picture of society and daily life at a specific moment in the past that is without parallel anywhere in the world."
Discover the highlights of Pompeii, such as the Basilica (Court House), and Forum, center of political and social life during the Roman Empire. See the Lupanar (brothel), House of the Faun, Termopolium Capuano and House of the Tragic Poet. Marvel at plaster casts of humans and animals at the moment of their death, and go to a bakery where you can still see the remains of the utensils including the food!
- Private guidance and assistance for the entire duration of the tour
- Admission fees (Pompeii ticket 13 €)
Via Villa dei Misteri, 3, 80045 Pompei NA
Meet your guide at the main entrance of the Pompeii ruins, called Porta Marina Superiore.
- Maximum group size of 20 people
- Sunscreen and a hat it is recommended
- Bring plenty of water
- Wear closed-toe shoes to walk through the ruins of Pompeii
- You can not bring handbags, backpacks, luggage or cases larger than 30x30x15 cm inside of the ruins
- Skip-the-line: the guide will buy the tickets immediately at a preferential check-out
- Estimated local cash needed: Pompeii admission fee adult 13 €
- Daily, every hour from 9.00am to 3.00pm
Seeing Pompeii on your own can be difficult and baffling. That’s why our tour has been designed to b...
With this round trip private transfer between Naples (cruise port terminal) and Pompeii, you can exp...
Among the most visited sites in Italy, Pompeii was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997...
Meet your guide by the old Porta Marina Superiore for a tour of the western part of Pompeii, site of...
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997, Pompeii undoubtedly tells a fascinating chapter in t...
On August 24, 79 AD, Vesuvius erupted, burying the nearby town of Pompeii in ash and pumice, killing...