One day Douro Valley Hike from Porto
- Discover the incredible Douro Valley, a Unesco World Heritage Site during one day
- Admire amazing views on vineyards, olive and fig trees
- Enjoy a savourous lunch and a port wine tasting
The Douro Valley is an authentic Portuguese jewelry, in which nature allied with men to create the perfect combination giving life to Douro region.
The region is essentially rural, concentrated in the wine industry and famous for its wines, more specifically the remarkable Port Wine. This title was given unanimously, rewarding the oldest demarcated wine region in the World, bounded by “Marquês do Pombal” in 1756.
During this one day Douro Valley hike, you will discover some of the most beautiful treasures of Douro. After a trip from Porto of about one and a half hour, your day starts at Samodães, offering a wonderful view over Douro River and Régua town. It is time to start our descent until the river, going along the vineyards, olive and fig trees.
Our tour continues by car to reach Régua town where we will have lunch.
After lunch, you will pass through some of the most beautiful paths of the region until Pinhão, where we will discover the train station, built in the end of 19th century and famous for its tiles, made in the Portuguese tiles tradition with the white, blue and ocher colors.
To finish the day, we will visit a wine estate and taste the famous port wine. An excellent way to know the Douro region, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Transfer from your hotel to Douro Valley
- Lunch and Wine Tasting
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
Praça de Mouzinho de Albuquerque 136, 4050-327 Porto, Portugal
PIck-up in your hotel in Porto.
- Minimum number: 2 participants
- Difficulty: Easy / Moderate
- Distance (hike): 5 miles
- Please note that while we operate successful trips in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for modifications to the route.
- Check the calendar to know the availability of this tour
Discover Portugal's second largest city in style in our bright red London-style double-deckers. Begi...
Relax and enjoy Portugal's lush and green landscape of mountains, valleys and rivers. This unique to...
This tour allows you to take all the time you need to truly feel the energy at this place that is so...
During this day tour, you will discover two of the oldest cities of Portugal. You will start in Guim...
After the pick up from your hotel in Porto, you will start your tour in the birthplace of the Portug...
Take part to our full day tour and discover the main attractions of Porto. You will enjoy a walking ...