Starting with a pick-up at your hotel, you will enjoy this tour around the Cradle of Humankind area, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your first stop is the famous Sterkfontein Caves, where you will be taken on a 1-hour guided journey deep under the earth. It's perfect for history and anthropology enthusiasts. To continue your learning journey, you will go to the Maropeng Visitors Centre to look at some amazing exhibition halls. To end the tour, you will also be able to enjoy lunch at Tumulus restaurant (at your own expense) which has the best views of the Cradle of Humankind. Finally, you will be dropped off back at your hotel.
Attractions & guided tours
Cradle of Humankind, Sterkfontein Caves and Maropeng tour from Pretoria
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 8 hours
Safety measures applied
Tour with Audioguide
Do this because
- Tour around some of the most iconic sites in Cradle of Humankind
- Enjoy a 1-hour guided tour at Sterkfontein Caves
- Visit the Maropeng Visitors Centre
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee to sites
- Boat ride
Pick-up from your hotels in Pretoria. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- Participants must be at least 3 year old to join this tour
- Parents with children are welcome to bring their own car seat. Or you can arrange it with your local partner at least 48 hours before departure. The child seat is free of charge.
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
ATC African Travel Concept
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.