Ras Al Khaimah desert safari and BBQ dinner
- Experience an Arabian desert in a 4x4 vehicle
- Watch the sunset from the summit of a towering sand dune
- Enjoy optional camel rides or get a henna painting on your hands
- Try various aromatic water pipes and wear traditional Arabic costumes
- Feast on a barbeque dinner under the desert night sky
- See traditional belly dancing and Tannora folk dance performances
Escape the heat and hassle of Ras Al Khaimah’s urban center on an afternoon and evening desert safari in a 4x4 vehicle.
Following a pick-up from your hotel, relax in the air-conditioned off-road vehicle. Head to the desert dunes that surround the city, and admire views of the barren yet enchanting landscape on the way. Stop at a traditional camel farm to see herds of the magnificent hump-backed herbivores. Learn about the different types of camels commonly seen in the desert around Ras Al Khaimah.
Continue across the desert plains in your 4x4 vehicle and arrive at a campsite where Arabic coffee and dates are offered as a welcome. Climb on the back of a camel for an optional guided tour around the encampment. You can get a henna tattoo design on your hands or feet, you will watch a traditional Tanourah folk dance and feast on a delicious barbecue dinner.
After dinner, smoke a shisha (Arabic water pipe) if you wish and watch a live belly-dance performance. Then you can relax under a canopy of twinkling stars and enjoy an experience that could be straight out of “One Thousand and One Nights.”
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Transport- dune drive
- Camel rides
- Henna painting
- Shisha (hubbly bubbly) corner
- Full buffet dinner
- Unlimited soft drinks, coffee and tea
- Shawerma and Arabic bread stations
- Belly dance show
- Traditional tannora dance
- Photo opportunities in traditional Arabic costumes
- Alcoholic drinks
- Sand boarding (upon request for fee)
- Children ages 0-11: reduced
You will be picked up direct from your Ras Al Khaimah hotel. Kindly be at the lobby prior to departure time. Please provide hotel information when making your booking.
- The tour is not recommended for people with cardiac problems or people with neck or back problems
- Minimum two people per booking
- Departs daily: approximately 3.00pm
This is a sightseeing tour with a difference. Jump in your helicopter for an exciting 15-minute flyi...
Instantly recognisable as one of the icons of Dubai, the Burj Al Arab has a reputation for providing...
As lunches go, few are as stylish as this one in the Armani Hotel’s Mediterraneo restaurant in the B...
With its gleaming skyline of modern skyscrapers, it’s easy to forget that not so long ago Abu Dhabi ...
A wooden boat in a steel and glass city may seem out of place but you’ll feel completely at ease on ...
Jutting out into the Strait of Hormuz, the Musandam peninsula has to be one of the craziest-shaped p...