Tickets for the exhibition on "Jean Dubuffet, the art in play" at Palazzo Magnani
- In Italy, after thirty years, a major retrospective dedicated to Jean Dubuffet, one of the most complex and brilliant artists of the 20th century
- An innovative exhibition, featuring 140 works including paintings, drawings, graphics, sculptures, artist's books, musical, poetic and theatrical works
- Preview ticket at a discounted price, thanks to the early bird promotion
The famous Jean Dubuffet, one of the greatest painters of the twentieth century, will be celebrated for the first time in Italy in his parable as an artist, as well as a scholar and a collector.
The exhibition itinerary displays a selection of works, representative of the different phases of Dubuffet, within the framework of an informal conception as a true culture, characterized by a coherent style in solving problems of art, literature, music, philosophy and life. A vision of man and world that frames Dubuffet, in spite of his position towards poor and democratic means, as an artist-alchemist in the most ancient sense of the term. The exhibition also offers a section on the figure of the master as being an inventor of the term "Art Brut", as well as a scholar and collector of these forms of expression. The exhibition then ends with a section dedicated to the great protagonists of Art Brut, beloved and collected by Dubuffet, many of which have become an integral part of the history of the "official" art of the 20th century; there are also works by two Italian artists that were particularly dear to the maestro, Filippo Bentivegna and Carlo Zinelli, who both came from the homonymous foundation.
On display, the most important graphic production of Jean Dubuffet, as well as his poetic declarations on the walls, his music, the artist's books, poetic texts and the extraordinary panels of Les Phénomènes (1958-1962). Finally, a section will focus specifically on his musical experiences and the reconstruction of the Coucou Bazar show, organized in 1978 by Fiat in Turin.
Credits: 1_ Jean Dubuffet, Terre orange aux trois hommes (Orange land with three men), 1953, oil painting on isorel, 114 x 146 cm, Courtesy Galerie Jeanne Bucher Jaeger, Paris. 2_ Jean Dubuffet, Mire G 177 (Boléro), 1983, acrylic on canvas paper, 134 x 200 cm, Courtesy Galerie Jeanne Bucher Jaeger, Paris. 3_ Jean Dubuffet, Site domestique (au fusil espadon), avec tête d'Inca et petit fauteuil à droite (Domestic site with harpoon gun, Inca head and little armchair on the right), 1966, vinyl on canvas, 125 x 200 cm, Courtesy Galerie Jeanne Bucher Jaeger, Paris. 4_ Jean Dubuffet, Lieu de campagne aux deux promeneurs, 1975, acryle sur toile, 130 x 97 cm con: JEAN DUBUFFET Tableau noir II, agosto 1984, Acrilico su carta intelata, 67 x 100 cm, Collection Fondation Dubuffet, Paris. 5_ Jean Dubuffet, Station de plaisance (Sailing dock), 1980, acrylic on canvas, 130 x 162 cm. © Collection Fondation Dubuffet, Paris / ADAGP PARIS.
- Skip-the-line tickets for the exhibition
- Guided tour
- Family (2 adults + 1 child from 6 to 18 years of age)
- Family (2 adults + 2 children from 6 to 18 years of age)
- Family (2 adults + 3 children from 6 to 18 years of age)
- Family (1 adult + 1 child from 6 to 18 years of age)
- Family (1 adult + 2 children from 6 to 18 years of age)
Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi, 29, 42121 Reggio Emilia RE
Palazzo Magnani Foundation
From 17th November 2018 to 3rd March 2019
- Tuesday to Thursday: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm / 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Monday: Closed
- Closed on the 25th and 31st of December.
- Special openings: 8th and 26th of December (10:00 am - 7:00 pm), 1st January (3:00 pm - 7:00 pm), 6th January (10:00 am - 7:00 pm)
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
THE FUTUR IS IN TORINO ON 6-7 JULY 2019! EARLY BIRD TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE! email@example.com +39 3...
Discover 23 exhibitions at 10 exhibition venues throughout the city in collaboration with six partne...
Domenica 12 Maggio 2019 Dalle ore 16:00 alle 00:00 Social Music City presents Afterlife Tale Of Us r...
Every Thursday our fabulous party: Mamacita! Summer Season 2019 Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits Lines Up:...