- Take a day trip to the stunning Thingvellir National Park
- Have a snorkeling adventure in the crystal clear icy waters
- Discover caving like never before
This adventure starts with the black as you explore the hidden world of the lava field underneath the Thingvellir National Park. The park is located in the tectonic rift valley between America and Europe and is also filled with incredible lava caves. On this trip you will explore an Icelandic cave and discover the marvels that volcanic activity has created in the past. The cave is a perfect example of an Icelandic lava tube and is situated in one of the most active volcano areas in the world. After the cave exploration you will have time to grab lunch before moving on into the blue for your second adventure...
Part two of this trip includes snorkeling in the Silfra Fissure, an otherworldly scene that is world famous for its heavenly shades of blue. The crystal clear water in the deep fissure gives you a feeling of pure weightlessness as you venture down the lazy current. The snorkeling is a relaxing yet exotic trip in an unbelievably beautiful environment between the two Eurasian and North American tectonic plates.
Trip difficulty: 3 out of 5. Rated: Moderate.
- Round trip transportation from selected Reykjavik pick up points
- Certified Padi Diveguide/Divemaster and expert cave guide
- All necessary specialized snorkeling gear, including a specially made down suit to keep you warm in the glacier water
- All necessary specialized caving gear including helmet and headlight
Pick-up in Reykjavik
Please be ready at 9.00am for pick-up from a selected central point in Reykjavík - please note that it can take up to 30 minutes for pick-up to arrive
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age
- Please bring with you warm and waterproof outdoor clothing, gloves, warm undergarment clothing (fleece/wool sweater and pants), warm socks, a change of clothing (just in case). Sturdy hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and pants can be rented beforehand if you contact the tour company.
- Due to limited capacity and Thingvellir National Park regulations this tour sells out frequently, we recommend you book this tour well in advance.
- On the snorkeling tour you will be wearing snorkeling/dive goggles and to see underwater there can be nothing in the way of the seal to keep them from filling up with water. That is, you can not wear glasses underneath the goggles. You will have to go without them, wear contact lenses or bring your own goggles with prescription.
- This is an in water activity and you need to be comfortable in the water and be able to swim. You also must not be pregnant to participate in this tour.
- All adventure trips are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. Arctic Adventures does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to there own actions. Participants have to sign a waiver before undertaking all trips stating that they realize that all outdoor activities carry an inherent risk.
- Every day at 9.00am
Have you ever wanted to spot one of those amazing dancing lights in the sky, the famous Aurora Borea...
This tour takes you to the most beautiful places at the south coast of Iceland. See the unforgettabl...
This Landmannalaugar tour will take you up to Landmannalaugar, often referred to as “The Pearl of th...
The exhibition is built into one of the six hot-water tanks that make up Perlan, and it starts with ...
The Flybus airport shuttle takes you from Keflavik International Airport to downtown Reykjavik. Seat...
The Flybus airport shuttle takes you from your hotel to Keflavik International Airport. Seats are gu...