Landmannalaugar self-guided tour
- Explore the pearl of the highlands - Landmannalaugar
- Self-guided tour with six hours for hiking in the unique landscapes
- Take a bath in the natural geothermal river
Explore one of Iceland’s colorful pearls in the breathtaking highlands on a self-guided tour. Travel by bus along Landvegur, up to Landmannalaugar, passing close to the roots of Hekla - one of Iceland's most active volcanoes. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery on one of the most comprehensive day tours you can find in Iceland.
During the bus ride you will see the Þjórsárdalur valley - a landscape of sharp contrasts, such as remarkable waterfalls, woodlands and sandy lava fields. Enjoy the Landmannalaugar highlands surrounded by colorful rhyolite mountains and black expansive lava field of Laugarhraun.
In Landmannalaugar you will have six hours to hike and enjoy the local natural geothermal pool for perfect relaxation.
- Bus fare
- Self-guided tour
- Hotel pick-up
- Food and drinks
Sterna Travel sales desk at Harpa Concert Hall, Austurbakki, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Meet your guide at Harpa Concert Hall in downtown Reykjavik or arrange a hotel pick-up by contacting your tour provider after the booking confirmation.
- Please bring warm layered clothing, hiking shoes, bathing suit, towel, packed lunch and snacks
- NOTE: This is not a guided tour. Hiking maps are sold at Landmannalaugar
- A small fee for facilities is required on site
- Every day from 15 June to 15 September
- Please, be at the meeting point at 7.20am
Wallowing in the steamy waters of the Blue Lagoon is one of this 100% Iceland experiences that defin...
Discover the world's most northerly capital on this tour of Reykjavik. With its colourful corrugated...
Iceland is famous for its glaciers but until recently, what lies underneath the Langjokull glacier h...
Iceland's landscape is marked by caves, bubbling hot springs and volcanoes – but on this excursion, ...
Every winter, Iceland's mighty glaciers are covered in a healthy dusting of snow - ideal for zooming...
If you want to escape the city and see a bit more of Iceland, this trip is ideal. It introduces you ...