Whale watching from Reykjavik
- Get close to some of the planet's largest and most impressive animals
- Enjoy 2 types of Whale Watching adventures to suit everyone's needs
- Observe the famous Minke whales and white-beaked dolphins
- Enjoy a fresh seascape and its educational and interactive focus
Have you always wanted to see whales in their natural environment? What about some playful white-beaked dolphins and some typical birds? Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to discover Iceland's sealife from up close! Hop on board and leave Reykjavik's harbour and go on an trip to see the majestic whales in the North Atlantic Ocean. The friendly guides, along with the captain and crew, will point out where to spot the whales and give interesting information about the different species you can expect to see. The local bird life is also diverse, including such birds as the Puffin, Arctic tern, Gannet and many species of gulls.
Two types of whale watching adventure are offered to suit everyone's needs:
Whale Watching Express
On a fast and luxurious boat, Rosin, you will get to the whale watching grounds in only 20-30 minutes - less time travelling more time whale watching. Built especially for whale watching with a high cruising speed, great fun for the adventurous! The tour has a very personal feeling as it is smaller than the usual whale watching boats. It is perfect for those who want to fit many things in their tight schedule.
Whale Watching Classic
All aboard the biggest whale watching boat in Iceland and due to its size it is very stable out on the sea. Fantastic inside and outside areas with plenty of space for everyone, and a café and a souvenir shop on board. This tour has an educational and interactive focus, which means that you get to see and feel objects such as whale teeth and bones and baleen plates. You will also see specimens taken out straight from the ocean.
- Guided boat tour
- Free ticket to try again in case of no sightings
- Educational and interactive focus on classic tour
- Warm floatable overalls provided for your comfort & safety
- Wi-Fi, café and souvenirs on board
- WC's on board
- Drinks and snacks
- Children 7-15 years: half price.
- Children under 7 years old: free
Aegisgardur 13, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Sail out from Reykjavik’s Old Harbour, 101 Reykjavík
- Please pay attention to the tour starting times when you book
- Whale watching CLASSIC starts at 9.00am, 1.00pm and 5.00pm
- Whale watching EXPRESS starts at 10.00am, 2.00pm and 9.00pm
- See the full schedule here
- You are recommended to arrive 30 minutes prior to departure
- For selected departures, in addition to the Eglish-speaking guide, there will be also:
- Spanish-speaking guide only on EXPRESS departures on Fridays from 1 June to 30 September
- German-speaking guide only on CLASSIC departures from 1 May to 30 September
- Warm clothes are recommended, such as wool hats, mittens and scarfs, as it does get cold out on the sea. It is advised to wear some sunglasses and even some sunscreen in the summer months
- The tour depends on the weather and sightings can not be guaranteed
- The weather and sea conditions can be unpredictable during the winter months. Boat captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passengers' safety and comfort
- Whale Watching CLASSIC is offered all year round
- Duration is approximately 3h and 30 minutes
- 9.00am (1 March - 31 October)
- 1.00pm (All year)
- 5.00pm (15 May - 15 September)
- Whale Watching EXPRESS is offered May-August
- Duration is approximately 2h and 30 minutes
- 10.00am (1 May - 31 September)
- 2.00pm (1 May - 31 September)
- 9.00pm (15 June - 31 August)
Have you ever wanted to spot one of those amazing dancing lights in the sky, the famous Aurora Borea...
The Golden Circle is a popular route that passes by a series of the most remarkable and diverse site...
Glacier Lagoon is one of the most amazing natural wonders of Iceland. In this tour you’ll experience...
This tour takes you to the most beautiful places at the south coast of Iceland. See the unforgettabl...
This tour is perfect if you aren't an early-bird or had some plans in the morning! Visit the pearls ...
On this tour you will experience the remarkable and diverse sites in the Southwest of Iceland. Start...
You will pass the southern edge of the mighty Vatnajökull Glacier roughly midway between Reykjavik a...
Experience the wide range of Icelandic natural beauty in the wonderful Snæfellsnes Peninsula.This to...
Iceland is famous for its glaciers but until recently, what lies underneath the Langjokull glacier h...
White-beaked dolphins, humpback whales and harbour porpoises are just some of the mammals you're lik...