Ancient Rome augmented-reality tour by night in Ancient Forum
- Experience an interactive augmented-reality tour in a small group of 15 people
- Watch Ancient Rome come to life through reconstructions projected onto existing ruins
- Get access to Caesar’s Forum and live a magical experience by night
Through the magic of lights and holographic projections you’ll watch the Ancient Forum as it is rebuilt and deconstructed, showing you what went on inside these buildings 2,000 years ago. There is no better way to experience history first-hand than this innovative new experience, featuring augmented-reality.
After descending into the Ancient Forum with your guide, you’ll combine with a slightly larger group and get headsets for the audio portion of the tour. Now the real show begins. Watch as temples and palaces are rebuilt before your eyes, moneylenders count their money, and figures spring off the walls to re-enact important events from Roman history. Through sound and light, ancient Rome explodes into vibrant life around every corner and you get to witness history like never before.
You’ll start by meeting your local expert guide near Caesar’s Forum after the normal closing time. They’ll take you and a small group of no more than 15 people on an introductory walk to see Largo di Torre Argentina (the rumored site of Caesar’s Assassination) and then to a secret balcony that overlooks the Roman Forum. From there your guide with tell you fascinating stories about the importance of the ruins below and the people who frequented them.
- Caesar’s Forum
- Undergound passage to Forum
- Largo di Torre Argentina
- Piazza Venezia
- Roman Forum overlook
- Multimedia show inside the Ancient Forum
- Headsets during show
- Introductory tour
- Expert guide
- Small groups of max 15 for introductory tour
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Piazza della Repubblica, 10, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
This tour meets in Largo di Torre Argentina by the Tower Argentina on the side of the tower facing Piazza Calcarari square.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- This tour will appeal equally to history buffs looking for new insight insight into the past and youngsters in search of a more interactive tour experience.
- Meeting Time: 7:45 pm
- Departure Time: 8:00 pm