- Enhance your knowledge of local wines through the Pallavicini wine estate
- Preferential access to all three sites in the morning
- A unique opportunity to learn about the Roman history
- Enjoy a generous wine tasting in the Roman countryside
This tour is a unique opportunity to see the most important sites of ancient Rome without wasting time waiting in line and, at the same time, don't miss the opportunity to taste the prestigious wines that are produced in the region.
You will be able to experience the most important sites, from the Colosseum to the Roman Forum to the Palatine Hill and proceed with a relaxing wine tour led by an expert sommelier.
Our expert English-speaking guide will tell you about the bloody history of the Colosseum, once home of gladiators, mock sea-battles, and executions. From the amphitheater we will move to the Roman Forum, where you will walk along the “Via Sacra” or “Sacred Way” – the main avenue through the ancient city, where triumphal processions used to pass through as Roman armies returned from war.
Rising above the Colosseum and Roman Forum, you will see Palatine Hill, the most famous of the Seven Hills of Rome. It is said that Romulus and Remus have been found on the Palatine by the shewolf who nursed and raised them.
After a morning full of history and sightseeing you will have a break to enjoy lunch and wander around on your own. On an air-conditioned coach we will move to the hills of the Castelli Romani, a magical environment of centuries-old vineyards and olive groves. We will get to the wine region called Frascati where the awards winning wine producer, the Pallavicini family, active since the 1600s, will open their ancient vineyards and wine cellars for our groups!
You will be immersed into over 200 acres of breathtakingly beautiful vineyards, olive trees, and ancient ruins that are a testament to the rich history of the property. You will learn the phases of wine production as it has evolved through time and step into an impressive 3rd century caverns lined with Acacia and French Oak barrels where wines are stored to age.
Your visit will continue by making you fully experience this incredible place: a professional tasting will be lead by the Pallavicini’s professional sommelier. During this amazing opportunity you will experience two red wines, ‘Casa Romana’ and ‘Soleggio’, a white wine, ‘Poggio Verde,’ and the celebrated dessert wine, ‘Stillato’. We will even have the opportunity to taste the Pallavicini’s signature fresh-pressed olive oil with two kinds of bruschetta: plain and with fresh tomatoes.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guides
- Skip-the-Line access and tickets to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Headsets in the morning tour, so you can always hear your guide
- All transfers in an air-conditioned bus (Only for Roman Countryside Vineyards and Wine Tasting Tour)
- Wine tasting which includes: 1 white wine, 2 red wines, 1 dessert wine, 1 extra-virgin olive oil, two kinds of bruschetta: plain and with fresh tomatoes
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Transfers between two tours
- Food/Beverages (not mentioned in the inclusions)
- Child (2-14): reduced
- Infant (0-2): free
Piazza dei Re di Roma, 44, 00183 Roma RM, Italy
Meeting Point for the morning - Colosseum Group: At Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". Meeting point for Rome Vineyards with Wine Tasting Tour: At Piazza Re di Roma, in the exact center-point of the square.
- The morning service ends on the Palatine Hill at around 1:00 PM. The afternoon service ends at approximately 6:30 PM in Piazza Re di Roma near the metro stop.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers an extended tour in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Colosseum does not have any cloakroom facilities in which to store such items.
- Italy’s tourist sites are among the most popular in the world. Skip the Line Access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours.
From April to October: Monday, Thursday, Saturday
Do you only have a couple of days in Rome? To make the most of your stay, this Rome walking tour cov...
Note: this tour is available on various days and times of the year based on the language selected. P...
This tour includes a guided visit of two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 3.5-hour guided t...
You’ve probably heard the popular phrase “all roads lead to Rome.” Now is your chance to experience ...
Explore a secret, subterranean world beneath the streets of Rome on a 3-hour guided, walking tour. E...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Be a part of Rome’s original nighttime mystery tour. This tour will show you parts of Rome that are ...
Built at the beginning of the second century, at the same time of the Forum with the same name, Traj...
The chef invites you to live an unforgettable experience off the beaten path. First, you'll be taken...