Best of Tuscany in One Day from Rome
- Sample fine Tuscan wines and cheeses and enjoy spectacular architecture & beautiful views
- Visit the Abbey of St. Antimo an ancient church steeped in history and lore
- Enjoy an authentic gourmet Tuscan lunch with Brunello wine tasting in a beautiful farm
Take a break from the Italian capital and its chaotic streets to go on a one day Tuscan holiday. This tour will focus on the famous Val d’Orcia region, giving you the chance to visit historical villages like Montepulciano, Pienza and the rolling vineyards of Montalcino. You’ll explore the winding streets and soak in views of the Tuscan hilly countryside as it spreads out before you. You’ll hear old Gregorian chants and stop for lunch at a typical Tuscan farm, leaving you plenty of time to sample world-famous foods and wine, all produced locally. If you only have a short time to spend in Italy, but really want to experience Tuscany, this tour is for you.
A comfortable air-conditioned bus will pick you up in Rome’s city center and by mid-morning you’ll find yourself in the Etruscan town of Montepulciano. You’ll tour the town’s most important sights, from the brick Duomo and main square to Punch’s Tower where the famous character Punch strikes his bell on the hour, every hour. Visit ancient Etruscan wells and discover the medieval wine cellars still used today. Take some pictures before hopping back onto the bus as you head your way to Montalcino! You’ll be dropped off at Sant’Antimo Abbey where stone walls ring with the songs of Gregorian monks as they sing traditional chants that have existed for centuries. You’ll then enjoy the view of some of Tuscany’s most beautiful vineyards where Brunello di Montalcino, one of the country’s greatest wines, is made. Next up on this itinerary is lunch at a typical Tuscan farm where you will wine and dine with the finest local foods. Your meal will have three courses and will let you discover regional dishes that you’ll wash down with local wines.
Lunch is followed by a professional guided wine tasting of the wines produced on site.
Back on the bus, your guide will prepare you for our next stop – Pienza. You'll hear how this World Heritage site was conceived by Pope Pius II as a “utopian village” and get information on sites you may want to visit, such as the two Renaissance palaces and the beautiful Duomo. Your group will split up briefly at Pienza, giving you time to wander along the streets and alleyways on your own with the map that your guide will provide. Whatever you choose to do, be sure to make time to sample Pienza’s most important product – pecorino cheese. With satisfied appetites and bags packed with wine, cheese and pici pasta, you’ll meet back at the bus for a comfortable and scenic drive back to Rome. Take a well-deserved nap, watch the country fly past or spend the time planning your next visit to Tuscany – because one visit is never enough!
- Round-trip Transport in an air-conditioned coach
- Guided tour of Montepulciano in groups no larger than 25 pax
- Tour assistant providing assistance and expert commentary throughout the day in English
- Headsets where necessary
- Gourmet Lunch & Wine Tasting at an authentic Tuscan farm (in Vineyard Tenuta Poggio il Castellare)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants (0-1): free and do not require a reservation (strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour)
- Child (2-14): reduced with proof of age
Piazza del Popolo, 539, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
At the center of Piazza del Popolo, by the large fountain with the lions and the obelisk. The nearest metro stop is Flaminio (Line A).
- Gratuities to guides/drivers providing excellent service are appreciated.
- Our City Wonders guides will have a City Wonders sign with the name of the tour at the meeting point for easy recognition.
- We are unable to accommodate late arrivals. Missed tours or tickets due to late arrivals cannot be refunded. Please plan on being at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the meeting time.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments on our group tours.
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered
- Please ensure you inform us in advance of the tour of any special dietary requirements.
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff
Meeting Time: 07:15 AM
Departure Time: 07:30 AM
Visit the ruins of Pompeii in the iconic city of Naples in one day from Rome. We’ll take you from Ro...
Enjoy a day away from the hustle of the city and join this 7.5-hour day trip out of Rome to discover...
Experience the wonders of ancient Pompeii with an expert guide, then travel down the beautiful Amalf...
How about leaving one morning from the busy and crowded streets of Rome and exploring the beautiful ...
Enjoy travelling through Italy on a full-day journey from Rome, through the hills of Chianti, to vis...
Jump off the ship and join us on an unforgettable experience! Experience the magic of the Eternal Ci...
Join this amazing journey through space and time in Pompeii, a unique document of Greco-Roman life. ...
Visit Pompeii in half a day – saving hours of time compared with bus tours!This half-day tour will d...
Rome wasn't built in a day, but the city center can be visited in 2.5 hours. This tour will show the...
Begin your evening at Piazza Farnese, one of Romes most beautiful baroque squares. Your guide will t...