Castelli Romani private tour with wine tastings and lunch
- Discover one of the oldest Italian wine regions
- Satisfy your curiosity to know why it is still so famous for the good food
- Discover a unique landscape
On this tour, you will visit two different wineries, one of which is ancient, with a long family history and the second, a state-of-the-art emerging boutique organic producer. In each winery, you will experience a guided tasting of two fine, red and white, wines, accompanied by a snack of local gastronomic specialties.
Discover indigenous and international grape varieties. You will learn about the history of one of the oldest wine producing areas in Italy, know more about its terroir and production. Choose to add lunch, and you will have the chance to enjoy it even more typical cuisine in a traditional trattoria
You can choose between 2 options:
- Half day: visit two wineries and have a guided tasting of at least two wines in each, accompanied by a snack of local food specialties
- Add a 3-course lunch with wine in a typical trattoria to the above and make a day of it
We will say goodbye at your restaurant in the center of town or Frascati station. You will be free to return by train from Frascati to Termini Rome in your own time, so plenty of opportunities to shop and walk around, people-watch al fresco and grab a gourmet gelato. We can provide a free audio tour mp3 download and a map if you like!
- Private tour
- Transportation from Frascati station to each winery and then back to Frascati town center
- 2 Winery visits (special diet menu to be agreed in advance)
- Tasting of two wines and snacks in each winery
- Three-courses lunch with wine tasting (in case of lunch option)
- Tips, extras and anything not mentioned in the above description
Meeting point is at the front entrance of Frascati train station at 10:20 am (train leaves Rome Termini at 9:49 am).
Please make sure to allow enough time at Termini station as it may take around 10 minutes walk from the ticket check to the platform. Sometimes the platform is not directly at the ticket check, and it requires a considerable walk, e.g., platform 18. Please remember to endorse your ticket (date and time stamp) at the machines at the beginning of the nearest platform, and it is easier if you buy your return ticket too.
- Groups max. 7
- At the time of booking, you will be asked to provide any special diet requirements
- Tuesday and Friday
- At 10.00am
- Offer subject to availability
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
Take part in a virtual visit using special 3D viewers combined with a multilingual audio guide and r...
You’ll meet your guide and group near the entrance to the Colosseum; the extraordinary amphitheater ...
The most memorable, fun, and hands-on way to spend an evening, our Rome pasta-making class gives you...
Soak in the newly-opened and exclusive areas of the Colosseum with a small group and expert guide th...