Domus Romane of Palazzo Valentini guided visit
- Visit the ancient spa found under the headquarters of the Metropolitan City of Rome
- Learn about the Palazzo Valentini's history
- Discover the result of the work of archaeologists, architects and art historians
- Experience an journey through time with the help of the new technologies put in place for the exhibition
Discover the "Domus", which belonged to the most noble and powerful families of Ancient Rome. Thanks to restoration work carried out by archaeologists and architects, and a virtual reconstruction made of lighting, sound effects and projections, you are now able admire mosaics, decorations, flooring and pavements dating back to the 16th century. The new technologies put in place also allow visitors to experience the thermal baths, living rooms, kitchens and furnishing from the Imperial era.
The redevelopment project was conducted and curated by Piero Angela and a team of technicians and experts, including Paco Lanciano and Gaetano Capasso. The exhibition now tqke visitors on a fascinating journey through time to discover the artistic and historical heritage of the Domus Romane and the Palazzo Valentini.
- Entrance ticket and guided visit of the Domus Romane of Palazzo Valentini
- Citizens residing in the province of Rome over 65 years old
- Children 6-17 years old
Free of charge:
- Children up to 3 years old
- Teachers accompanying classes (only the presale fee)
- Disabled visitors and their accompanying adults (only the presale fee)
The "Domus Romane" entrance is in Via Foro Traiano 85 (in front of the Trajan's Column)
- You will need to exchange your ticket on the day, before the start of your visit
- You must show a printed copy of your confirmation voucher at the counter in order to receive your entrance ticket
- Every day 9.30am - 8.00pm (last admission at 6.30pm)
- Closed on: Tuesdays, 25 December, 1 January, 1 May
The guided visits are available in different languages as per the following schedule:
- English: 9.30am - 1.30pm - 2.00pm - 2.30pm
- Italian: 12.00pm - 1.00pm - 4.30pm - 5.30pm - 6.00pm
- French: 11.30am
- Spanish: 5.00pm
- German: 1.00pm
The Vatican has so many treasures and can be overwhelming. We want you to experience it in the best ...
A hidden gem in one of the most popular areas of Rome. Not far from the famous Piazza Farnese and Ca...
Buy your Colosseum skip-the-line tickets with a dedicated entrance, at the selected time. Meet your ...
Explore two of Ancient Rome’s most jaw-dropping remains: the Domus Aurea and the Colosseum. After a ...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Immerse yourself in pure beauty, skip the line and get straight into the Borghese Gallery.Housed in ...
Explore the 3-tiered Basilica of San Clemente in central Rome, and discover a unique church built ov...
Discover the most famous amphitheater in the world and relive the glorious past of Ancient Rome with...
Visit Rome on two wheels with the city's most fun scooter rental at unbeatable prices and discover i...
Enjoy an amazing day driving a gleaming classic Italian car passing the main highlights of Rome. Thi...