Domus Romane of Palazzo Valentini guided visit
- Visit the ancient spa found under the headquarters of the Metropolitan City of Rome
- Learn about the Palazzo Valentini's history
- Discover the result of the work of archaeologists, architects and art historians
- Experience an journey through time with the help of the new technologies put in place for the exhibition
Discover the "Domus", which belonged to the most noble and powerful families of Ancient Rome. Thanks to restoration work carried out by archaeologists and architects, and a virtual reconstruction made of lighting, sound effects and projections, you are now able admire mosaics, decorations, flooring and pavements dating back to the 16th century. The new technologies put in place also allow visitors to experience the thermal baths, living rooms, kitchens and furnishing from the Imperial era.
The redevelopment project was conducted and curated by Piero Angela and a team of technicians and experts, including Paco Lanciano and Gaetano Capasso. The exhibition now tqke visitors on a fascinating journey through time to discover the artistic and historical heritage of the Domus Romane and the Palazzo Valentini.
- Entrance ticket and guided visit of the Domus Romane of Palazzo Valentini
- Citizens residing in the province of Rome over 65 years old
- Children 6-17 years old
Free of charge:
- Children up to 5 years old
Foro Traiano, 85, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
The "Domus Romane" entrance is in Via Foro Traiano 85 (in front of the Trajan's Column)
- You will need to exchange your ticket on the day, before the start of your visit
- You must show a printed copy of your confirmation voucher at the counter in order to receive your entrance ticket
- Every day 9.30am - 8.00pm (last admission at 6.30pm)
- Closed on: Tuesdays, 25 December, 1 January, 1 May
The guided visits are available in different languages as per the following schedule:
- English: 9.30am - 1.30pm - 2.00pm - 2.30pm
- Italian: 12.00pm - 1.00pm - 4.30pm - 5.30pm - 6.00pm
- French: 11.30am
- Spanish: 5.00pm
- German: 1.00pm
Discover the Domus Aurea – Rome’s imperial residence, designed by Emperor Nero – and dive into the h...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Experience a different point of view over a city suspended between history and legend. Hop on your r...
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeol...
The remains of the Stadium of Domitian (UNESCO World Heritage) are located beneath Piazza Navona, ab...
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
When the sun sets on Rome, another part of the city comes to life... an older and more mysterious Ro...
This Colosseum underground tour brings you to the areas of the Colosseo usually closed the public. W...
Walk in the footsteps of Roman emperors and citizens on a two hours and a half tour of Ancient Rome,...