Early Vatican and Private Castel Sant'Angelo Secret Areas Access
- Enjoy an early-morning guided visit to the Sistine Chapel
- Express, skip-the-line entrance to St. Peter's Basilica
- Discover the Passetto, a secret passage used by the Popes in ancient times
- See the Prisons and Clement VII's 'stufetta' of Castel Sant'Angelo
On this unforgettable experience you can enjoy Rome’s three main highlights without the crowds.
On this group tour you will get three guided visits in one. You will have an early-morning, priority access to Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel, an internal direct access to the world-famous Saint Peter’s Basilica and and the Passetto di Borgo Papal secret passage from Vatican City to the surprising Castel Sant’Angelo.
Your tour will start by heading directly to the world-famous Sistine Chapel before it opens to the general public. Discover Michelangelo’s frescos on the ceiling. The Creation and the Last Judgement on the altar wall. Take your time and enjoy this Holy Place without the crowds.
Then your guide will lead you to the world-famous St. Peter’s Basilica through a direct, skip-the-line access from the Chapel. Prepare to be enchanted by this baroque masterpiece designed by Bernini and Bramante and to admire breathtaking art works like Michelangelo’s Pietà sculpture.
Enjoy a small break, then follow your guide to Castel Sant’Angelo, one of the most surprising and versatile buildings of Roman history. From there, you will also enjoy a privileged, extraordinary visit of the Passetto di Borgo or 'Passetto' (which is usually closed to the general public) an elevated passage that links Vatican City to Castel Sant’Angelo.
- Entrance fees
- Licensed, English-speaking guide
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Children (2-6)
- Infant (0-1)
Viale Vaticano, 100, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Caffè Vaticano, in Viale del Vaticano, 100. The guide will be standing there with a sign
- Due to increased security measures at the attractions some lines may form at the entrance
- Due to increased security measures attractions, strict rules apply to enter the venues (no knives, no scissors, no glass bottles, etc.). A cloakroom is available
- No large backpacks or bulky luggage admitted
- Entrance into the Vatican is subject to a strict dress code. Shoulders and knees MUST be covered. We are not responsible for entry denied due to inappropriate clothing.
- Climbing to the dome of St. Peter Basilica is not included
- The venues or parts of them could be subject to last minute, unpredictable closures (ongoing restoration, special events). When this occurs, we offer the customers an extended visit of the outside and/or of other attractions according to the advertised total length of the tour
- Entrance is strictly limited and subject to a strict schedule. If you are late you cannot be accommodated or refunded
- Not wheelchair accessible
Venture off the beaten path to experience the real flavors of Rome in the vibrant neighbourhoods of ...
Don’t see the Colosseum like a normal tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip the line gro...
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access ...
Be welcomed by your licensed guide at the Bath of Caracalla, where your small group tour will start....
Take part to an amazing 3-hour guided tour inside Villa Farnesina, where the architectural design an...
Do you think the Vatican Museums are not child-friendly? Think again! Meet a top child-friendly guid...