- An exclusive experience: a delicious buffet dinner of local delicacies and a visit to the Vatican Museums
- Night access to the Vatican Museums one hour ahead of general public
- Please your palate while savoring a glass of wine with a delicious buffet dinner in the Pinecone Courtyard
- See the Vatican Museums’ major masterpieces including the Sistine Chapel
See the Vatican Museums in a new light, a pleasing low light as you enter after regular closing time on this Vatican night tour. For short periods during the year, the Vatican Museums are open late to the public, allowing lucky visitors to wander its corridors and stand in awe before precious artworks, including Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel frescoes, at a slower pace and with smaller crowds.
- Thanks to our exclusive tour, you’ll be escorted past the gathering lines and straight into the Vatican Museums one hour ahead of the general public. In the beautiful surrounding of the Pinecone Courtyard you’ll enjoy a delicious buffet dinner of local flavors and wine in a setting as priceless as the masterpieces you’ll be seeing. This dinner inside the Vatican Museums is an exclusive privilege we are eager to offer our most valued clients.
- After your delicious and indulgent buffet dinner, follow your expert, English-speaking guide along a vast and diverse itinerary, from outdoor spaces like the Pinecone Courtyard and the open patio overlooking the Vatican Gardens, to standing beneath the dome of St. Peter’s Basilica. You’ll get a taste of everything.
- Explore the Gallery of Maps and absorb how much our understanding of the world has changed. Immerse yourself within the Gallery of the Tapestries and the stunning handmade, needlepoint masterpieces housed there.
- Besides the history of the Vatican itself and the popes who have taken residency here, one name you’ll hear a lot is that of Raphael. His four frescoed rooms are a highlight of our night tour. See how this game-changing painter honored the masters of his time, painting Michelangelo and da Vinci into his famous ‘School of Athens.’ Even Sylvester Stallone makes an early appearance! But you won’t find out how unless you take this tour.
- Of course you’ll be introduced to the Vatican’s biggest star. No, not the Pontiff himself, a site perhaps even more well-known - the Sistine Chapel. Your guide will prepare you before you enter, that way you’ll know where to spot Michelangelo’s self-portrait and those of his enemies among the heathen.
With small groups of only 20 people or less, your Vatican night tour will be intimate and your guide easy to understand. Coupled with our early-entrance, expert English-speaking guide, exclusive dinner combination, and less crowds at the Vatican Museums, you can be sure that you’re treating yourself to the best Vatican adventure imaginable. And it is only offered by us.
Please note - Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered.
- After-hours entrance into the Museums (after public closing time)
- Vatican Museums "Fast Track" entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Local food buffet dinner
- 2.5 hrs Vatican Museums guided tour with Sistine Chapel
- Groups of 20 or fewer
- Headsets so you can always hear your guide
- English speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (0-5 years old) travel for free
- Children (6-18): reduced
Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. Tour Operator coordinators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets with the Tour Operator Logo for easy recognition.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks. Any such items must be checked into the free luggage storage area which may result in your having to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Shoulders and knees must be covered, no low cut or sleeveless tops or shorts for both men and women. Clients that do not adhere to the dress code will not be permitted entry to the Vatican. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
- Meeting time: 17.45pm
- Departure time: 18.00pm
- Unavailable dates: 1 May, 29 June, 5 August, 12 August, 19 August, 26 August
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Leave Rome for the day to explore the Bracciano region. Your stop will be a guided visit to the Etru...
The Vatican hides so many treasures that it makes sense to visit it the smart way: skipping the line...
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
Considered as the most ancient publicly owned museum in the world, Capitoline Museums are an importa...
If you would prefer to visit the Borghese Gallery and Museum in Rome at your own leisure, without a ...
Home of one of the most precious monuments of the Augustan age, the Ara Pacis is an alter built in h...
Discover the "Domus", which belonged to the most noble and powerful families of Ancient Rome. Thanks...
Start your journey from Rome and head south to Riviera d’Ulisse. Relax aboard the comfortable coach ...
Experience the famous Dolce Vita of Rome on a 3-hour walking tour and see its historic piazzas at ma...