Florence day trip from Rome by high-speed train with David
- Reach Florence by high-speed train from Rome in just 90 minutes
- Skip the line to Florence Accademia to see Michelangelo's ‘David'
- Stop at the Duomo, Ponte Vecchio Bridge and San Lorenzo Market
- Get the best recommendations from your expert local tour guide
Your day begins in Rome’s Termini Station, where you'll meet your tour leader. After a quick, 90-minute ride, you’ll disembark in Florence ready to head to Florence Accademia.
With your skip-the-line tickets, you’ll head inside to experience one of the greatest works of art in the world: Michelangelo’s ‘David’. Bound up in this immense statue is the entire history of the Renaissance and the way it captured a fundamental shift in human understanding. With an expert guide, you'll learn the story and symbolism behind its creation.
The next part of the tour is a fun and relaxed city stroll, taking you past some of the Florence’s most iconic sights, while your guide gives you little nuggets of information. You’ll wind your way to the San Lorenzo Market, Florence’s most important outdoor food market and get a crash course in the basics of Tuscan cuisine. This is the best place to learn about the region’s most authentic dishes, along with recommendations on where to eat them afterward. Finally, you’ll pass by the leather market and learn how the city became a center of the Italian leather industry and where to buy the best wares.
You’ll eventually wind up in the Piazza del Duomo, in the shadow of one of the biggest domes in the world. It crowns the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and the story of how it was designed and built is one of the greatest tales of the Renaissance. You will learn about the enigmatic genius Filippo Brunelleschi, who designed the dome semi-secretly so as not to share credit with his hated rival, Lorenzo Ghiberti. Ghiberti has his own trophy though, which you'll also see. He cast the bronze baptistery doors that face the cathedral, called by the great Michelangelo the ‘Gates of Paradise.’
You’ll then come to appreciate Piazza della Signoria, an outdoor sculpture gallery. The Ponte Vecchio is another must-see sight covered on your stroll. Finally, you’ll have almost 4 hours of free time before you head back to Rome. With plenty of hints and tips from your guide and tour leader, you can head off for a leisurely lunch, get your shopping on, or dive into another one of the world-class tourist attractions. You’ll reconvene at 4.45pm, in time for catching the train back to Rome.
- Round trip high-speed train tickets
- Full day tour leader
- 3,5-hour expert Florentine tour guide
- Headsets when needed
- Accademia skip-the-line tickets to see the David
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants up to 3 years are free of charge
- Child 4-12: reduced
Piazza dei Cinquecento, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
There are several entrances to Termini train station, you can reach train track 24 from all of them. The closest entrance to your meeting point is from the street called Via Giovanni Giolitti. If you are arriving by taxi you can ask them to drop you off on Via Giovanni Giolitti number 4, which is another entrance to Caffe Moka. In this case, simply enter caffé and exit on other side and you will see train track number 24
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Larger backpacks are not allowed on this tour, please make sure to only bring small handbags.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
20 March 2018 - 31 October 2018
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays at 07:00am
The best way to visit Rome and its sights is to join this 3.5-hour group guided walking tour. Visit ...
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
With your children, discover the great accomplishments of the Ancient Roman Emperors at the Colosseu...
Season 2018/2019 - Minù presents DJs ARE NOT SUPERHEROES Humility is always the best record a DJ can...