Florence from Rome by high-speed train with Michelangelo's David
- Enjoy Florence's top sights in a single day from Rome
- See Michelangelo's masterpiece David with skip-the-line access
- See the famous Duomo Square and Florence's spectacular Cathedral (from the outside), crowned by Brunelleschi's dome
If you are based in Rome for your holiday but don’t want to miss out on the beauty of Florence, this full day trip to Florence from Rome is the perfect choice for you! Travel by high-speed rail and arrive in Florence station, where you'll meet your local guide and make your way to the Accademia Gallery for the first highlight of your 3 hours guided tour.
Thanks to your skip-the-line access to the Accademia Gallery, you'll marvel at Michelangelo’s statues of the Slaves and his magnificent 17-foot marble masterpiece, the David.
You'll then walk towards the astounding Duomo Square where you can gaze at the Baptistry Doors by Ghiberti, coined the “Gates of Paradise” by Michelangelo, and the Florence Cathedral which your guide will explain in detail from the outside. The Brunelleschi’s dome dominates the skyline of Florence. Your guide will explain you all about the building techniques Brunelleschi used to create this masterpiece.
The entrance to the Duomo is free and you can visit independently during your free time if you wish, as the guide provided you with a full explanation of its inside and outside features.
During the walking tour, you'll learn about the fascinating history of Florence as you visit the heart of the Renaissance Civic and Political Center, famous for its ancient statues and glorious fountains. You'll make your way towards the famous Uffizi Gallery and the Medieval Palazzo Vecchio.
Rub the nose of the legendary boar, “il Porcellino” to ensure a return to Florence and visit Piazza della Repubblica, once the Ancient Forum, now a popular meeting place for famous writers, artists, and locals.
You'll then enjoy some time at leisure to discover the city at your own pace.
Your guide will be available to offer recommendation for restaurants for your 4 hours of free time. There will also be plenty of time for shopping in Florence’s fashionable boutiques and in the market stalls, famous for their handmade leather goods. Otherwise just take your time to wander and take in the beauty of the city.
- Skip-the-line entrance to Accademia Gallery
- Tickets for the Accademia Gallery and all reservation fees
- High-speed train return ticket
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (2-14 years old): reduced
- Infants (0-1 years old): free
Piazza dei Cinquecento, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
At Piazza dei Cinquecento, facing the main entrance of the Termini train station, the meeting point is located on the far left just outside the entrance
- Sites visited from the outside: Piazza degli Uffizi, Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, Piazza della Repubblica, Baptistry Door, Florence Cathedral (Duomo)
- The service concludes in Rome Termini train station.
- Please note that because of religious festivities access to the Duomo (Cathedral) may be restricted.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
- Gratuities to guides providing excellent service are appreciated.
- Please note that kids between 0-1 years old don't have a reserved seat on the train.
- Your City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets at the meeting point for easy recognition.
- Entrance into some churches may require a dress code that specifies that knees and shoulders should be covered. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs, and we are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly or poses a threat to other guests or the staff.
Saturday, Wednesday, Friday
- Meeting Time: 06:50am
- Departure Time: 07:05am
If you are planning to visit the Colosseum on your own, but would still like to skip the long lines,...
Visit Pompeii in half a day – saving hours of time compared with bus tours!This half-day tour will d...
Take a break from the Italian capital and its chaotic streets to go on a one day Tuscan holiday. Thi...
The Vatican has so many treasures and can be overwhelming. We want you to experience it in the best ...
Join this amazing journey through space and time in Pompeii, a unique document of Greco-Roman life. ...
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: priority dedicated entrance or priority d...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
Experience the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it all come to ...
First time in Rome and want to know where to go? Or just not enough time for a full tour? Let a loca...
Get VIP treatment with your own Private Ancient Rome Tour as you skip all the lines and enjoy the pr...